Need help with explaining how a Bachelor of Arts works... (1 Viewer)

afc123

HSC
I am at UNSW doing Commerce and that hasn't worked out the way I'd like it to have. I'm looking at enrolling in a B-Arts for Semester 2 at USYD however I'm confused at how the whole process works with choosing subjects for a history major. I went into the Uni yesterday and they gave me the relevant links but it doesn't make sense to me.

http://sydney.edu.au/arts/history/undergrad/about_the_major.shtml

On that link I looked at the sample table and I'm unsure as to how many subjects I'll have each semester and what my choices are. I also realised that USYD only has majors. Can anyone please clear this up for me. :)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You can find the list of units here: http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/arts/units_of_study/tablea/history.shtml

Basically you pick minimum two junior units and six senior units from that list (four of them have to be core subjects, and at least one has to be at 3000 level). But you can take more than the minimum if you wish. In fact History is a very comprehensive major at USYD, so I think you'll find that if you wanted to you could study nothing but history units throughout your whole degree.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I am at UNSW doing Commerce and that hasn't worked out the way I'd like it to have. I'm looking at enrolling in a B-Arts for Semester 2 at USYD however I'm confused at how the whole process works with choosing subjects for a history major. I went into the Uni yesterday and they gave me the relevant links but it doesn't make sense to me.

http://sydney.edu.au/arts/history/undergrad/about_the_major.shtml

On that link I looked at the sample table and I'm unsure as to how many subjects I'll have each semester and what my choices are. I also realised that USYD only has majors. Can anyone please clear this up for me. :)
ahahahahahaha lol

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Also OP you may want to consider doing a few units in Summer/Winter school (four in total over your degree), so that you can graduate by the end of 2016. That way you will still graduate at the same time as you were going to in your old degree.

Don't pay any attention to the UNSW people in this thread, they are trolls. And quite pathetic ones at that.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Also OP you may want to consider doing a few units in Summer/Winter school (four in total over your degree), so that you can graduate by the end of 2016. That way you will still graduate at the same time as you were going to in your old degree.

Don't pay any attention to the UNSW people in this thread, they are trolls. And quite pathetic ones at that.
Trolls?

yeah you wish mate

11000 odd posts of helpful, informative posts that have helped students across this great state in their various troubles

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

says the user with 1 rep

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Shadowdude liked my post eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiggggggggggooooooooooooddddddddd

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Trolls?

yeah you wish mate

11000 odd posts of helpful, informative posts that have helped students across this great state in their various troubles
I wish? If I did wish that you were a troll, I wouldn't be calling you out for it would I?

Ah yes, helpful and informative posts, I especially love the ones where you bitch about your hapless love life. But personal attacks aside, please tell me how you have been in any way helpful to the OP.

says the user with 1 rep
I fail to see how that is of any relevance.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I wish? If I did wish that you were a troll, I wouldn't be calling you out for it would I?

Ah yes, helpful and informative posts, I especially love the ones where you bitch about your hapless love life. But personal attacks aside, please tell me how you have been in any way helpful to the OP.
maybe you're trolling us right now?

I fail to see how that is of any relevance.
you must be asian :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Yeah well you do realise that posts in Non-School where you can read (some) of the wonderful stories with me and my secret crushes don't actually count towards post count.

Moreover, UNSW has a perfectly good Arts degree - and why externally transfer when an internal transfer is much easier to do?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah well you do realise that posts in Non-School where you can read (some) of the wonderful stories with me and my secret crushes don't actually count towards post count.

Moreover, UNSW has a perfectly good Arts degree - and why externally transfer when an internal transfer is much easier to do?
maybe OP doesn't like the commute to UNSW? I personally use the time to catch up on TV or study

maybe OP is asian and wants to stand out?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
maybe you're trolling us right now?

you must be asian :p
Nope. Caucasian.

You two instigated it, so if I was trolling you I think it would be entirely justified.

Yes I do realise that. But I believe the matter of contention was the helpfulness of your posts as a whole. I don't see any point in arguing semantics.

I'm sure it is, and that is a valid point. Can you tell me straight out that that was all you were implying?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. Caucasian.

You two instigated it, so if I was trolling you I think it would be entirely justified.
I was being sarcastic; nvm smh

maybe you're trolling our troll and attempted to trick us into think that we're the one who instigated trolling but when in fact you're the one trolling our troll thus making you the troll.

Well Played

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm sure it is, and that is a valid point. Can you tell me straight out that that was all you were implying?
I think it's obvious that's where my chain of questioning would end up.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

maybe you're trolling our troll and attempted to trick us into think that we're the one who instigated trolling but when in fact you're the one trolling our troll thus making you the troll.

Well Played
Nope. Caucasian.

Yes I do realise that. But I believe the matter of contention was the helpfulness of your posts as a whole. I don't see any point in arguing semantics.

maybe OP doesn't like the commute to UNSW? I personally use the time to catch up on TV or study

maybe OP is asian and wants to stand out?

Ggwp.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Well Played
Well you wouldn't be without reason to assume I was Asian, even if you were being sarcastic. Just thought I'd put it on the record.

And even if I was trolling your troll than that would mean you were the trolls in the first place right?

I think it's obvious that's where my chain of questioning would end up.
Then indulge me in my state of ignorance.

I seemed to get the impression that you were also implying that you had some sort of superiority complex. Is this the case or not?

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well you wouldn't be without reason to assume I was Asian, even if you were being sarcastic. Just thought I'd put it on the record.

And even if I was trolling your troll than that would mean you were the trolls in the first place right?
okay; ill spell it out for you which causation

i said: "says the user with 1 rep" to mean that your credibility was low

you said: "I fail to see how that is of any relevance" as a counter argument

i said: "you must be asian :p" because asians can see because they have small eyes

you said: "Nope. Caucasian." as an attempt to answer my remark

i said: "I was being sarcastic; nvm smh" to mean that i was not expecting a serious or true answer but rather to joke that asians cannot see. the nvm means nevermind and smh was there because you didn't get the joke

you said: "Well you wouldn't be without reason to assume I was Asian, even if you were being sarcastic. Just thought I'd put it on the record." clearly the point of me saying that "you must be asian" was a joke to mean that you could not see rather than to assume your nationality

i say: I win

you're doing it again stop trolling! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)