Need help with finding a book, please (1 Viewer)

pakigal

HSC
Hey guys,

Does anybody know a book where the narration(first person etc.) has been effective in highlighting the characterisation. Like where maybe first person is used to create empathy or a character has no dialogue to how he doesn't have a say. I really need something and I'm having trouble finding anything...

Also, I need a text which has a circular structure, the ending links to the beginning. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ;)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Great Gatsby for the first one. We see the book through Nick Carraway's eyes but it's all about Jay and Daisy. We get their characters from his narration.

For the second one, something where the prologue gives away the ending... You know like you find out someone's dead in the beginning and then the rest of the book builds up to that moment. I can't quite think of a title at the moment.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
pakigal said:
Also, I need a text which has a circular structure, the ending links to the beginning. Any suggestions?
Cloudstreet for one, but it is on the HSC prescribed text list, so you're out of luck if it's for school.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
The Hours by Michael Cunningham perhaps? I haven't seen the novel but the film returns to the beginning.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
An Imaginary Life, David Malouf.

..so I like an English text, so sue me :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)