Need Help With My Multimedia Assignment (1 Viewer)

HSC
sup every1 i got an IPT assignment

and i donnno wat to do here are the qurstions. if any1 can help me out dat will be great :)

Project Outcomes

A student:
H1.1 applies an understanding of the nature and function of information technologies to a specific practical situation
H1.2 explains and justifies the way in which information systems relate to information processes in a specific context
H2.1 analyses and describes a system in terms of the information processes involved
H2.2 develops solutions for an identified need which address all of the information processes
H3.1 evaluates the effect of information systems on the individual, society and the environment
H3.2 demonstrates ethical practice in the use of information systems, technologies and processes
H4.1 proposes ways in which information systems will meet emerging needs
H5.1 justifies the selection and use of appropriate resources and tools to effectively develop and manage projects
H5.2 assess the ethical implications of selecting and using specific resources and tools.
H6.1 analyses situations, identifies a need and develops solutions
H6.2 selects and applies a methodical approach to planning, designing or implementing a solution
H7.1 implements effective management techniques
H7.2 uses methods to thoroughly document the development of individual and/or group projects

Guidelines to Projects

1.You are required to create an information system (web site) that can be used as a teaching aid for the Option Topic “Multimedia Systems”. The finished site should be submitted either by indicating a location on your shared directory (u://…) or via a CD or USB thumb drive. All paper sections must be printed out and submitted with name on each piece of paper. The topic should be a multimedia (many media) summary of the topic and should cover all the required concepts as taken from the Syllabus. The detailed requirements of the web site and the marks allocated can be seen in the marking guidelines.

2.You are also required to summarise the steps you have taken to:
·collect
·organise
·analyse
·store and retrieve
·transmit and receive
·process
·and display

This section can be a word processed document which includes hardware and software used for the process and any social implications. Submit printed version.
  • Create and print out a storyboard which graphically represents the layout and structure of the web site. Include in it links and possible data (image files etc.) to be included. Submit printed version.
  • Create and print out a Gantt chart of the processes you have undertaken to develop this website. Submit printed version.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
seems pretty straight forward :)

make a website that teaches the MMS option. do you have frontpage or dreamweaver or any other WYSIWYG Editor? That will probably be the easiest way for you to get around building a website if you don't know how.

from what I see i think you need to create a GANTT chart first as well as a storyboard before you start building the crux of the assignment? That is also pretty self explanatory, you should have already learnt what a Gantt Chart is, and you should have learnt what a storyboard is and all the feautures and characteristics of them... put these things you've learnt together and create one for yourself, do you wouldplan out how the website would look and how the website would navigate from page to page. How do you want users to work throught the website? In a linear fashion? or do you want them to be able to jump around at will and access whichever part of the syllabus that they want? its those sort of things you need to consider when planning out how ur website will appear and be accessed.

so then once u've done that and planned how your going to layout and structure ur website and once you've planned what your going to do and when (according to the Gantt) then you can go ahead and build ur website :D

then when u've finished, u'll have to go back and think about the 7 processes and what thinbgs you did that could fall under each of them...

nething else? or do u need more detailed knoweldge of what to do??

HSC
yep i know that i have to make an website.. well yes i do have an frontpage and also dreamweaver.. but im not good with using dreamweaver so ill just use frontpage...

and yes i do need to create an GANTT chart of the things i go along and make a note...i donno about story board you mean like data dictonary?

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
GaNgStAz 4 LiF3 said:
yep i know that i have to make an website.. well yes i do have an frontpage and also dreamweaver.. but im not good with using dreamweaver so ill just use frontpage...

and yes i do need to create an GANTT chart of the things i go along and make a note...i donno about story board you mean like data dictonary?
no a storyboard for your website will graphically represent the structure and media types included, and navigation paths/actions. And theres a few types:

● Linear layout – simple sequential path
● Hierarchical layout – sequential path in top-down design
● Non-linear layout – no structure; user moves between different layouts
● Combination layouts – blending of the above layouts

JTN

HSC
you might want to add some flash animation in, but check with your teacher first (some don't like it), so you have all the different data types (e.g. text, images, video ect..) just a thought.

oh, and make sure you make all your links relative, incase they copy the assignment onto a different computer or anything like that.

HSC
im stuck now

this is my structure for my website

the problem is i donno wat to add in Hardware and software section

can sum1 help me plz thankz ASAP

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
now ur actually looking for the actual content yes?

i suggest you use your textbook, or use the notes pages here to find what content of the module you require to include into the website. Most of the notes/textbook information will be split up under the headings of the different file types and then the hardware and software and formatting requirements and specifications of each.

HSC
i have been there but cant find the info that i need for hardware and software areas

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Look in the Jacaranda IPT Textbook. That one is very good for this module. Goes into a lot of detail and has everything you need :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)