Need help with the following quesstions. (1 Viewer)

fjnpenguin

HSC
1. The corporate uniform for the men who work at maria's bank includes the choice of 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and 2 ties. the men must wear one of each of these items ever day. how many different corporate uniform combinations are possible for the men who work at maria's bank?

Answer i got, 16 (2x4x2=16) (2 shirts, 4 pants and 2 ties)
Answer at the back of the book 8

*question from access to general maths:HSC chap4.1 q5*

2.Todd is playing a comp game. in the game he has to choose different paths to follow. he has to choose between 3 different paths at 4 stages. how many different paths can he choose?

Answer i got, 81 (some random calculations + drawings :p)
Answer at the back of the book 36.

*question from access to general maths:HSC chap4.1 q12*

If you could please give me your answer with working out and/or explaination i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
1. The corporate uniform for the men who work at maria's bank includes the choice of 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and 2 ties. the men must wear one of each of these items ever day. how many different corporate uniform combinations are possible for the men who work at maria's bank?

2.Todd is playing a comp game. in the game he has to choose different paths to follow. he has to choose between 3 different paths at 4 stages. how many different paths can he choose?

If you could please give me your answer with working out and/or explaination i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
1. The question says 2 pairs of pants, but for some reason you calculated it with 4 pairs of pants.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not counted as that. You can only wear a pair of pants, not one "pant" by itself.

xFusion

HSC

Thanks
I think you got the comp game question right. I worked this out and got the same answer.
i LOLed at gcchick's replyXD

kara42

HSC

Thanks
Question 1 - Two pairs of pants just means two. A pair of pants means one. So it's 2 x 2 x 2 = 8

Question 2 - I got 81 also. Are you sure you looked at the correct answer?

EDIT: Should probably check replies before I post.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
CAN PLEASE ANSWER THIS ASAP :rofl:

A simming pool is a regular in shape and has uniform depth. It is 12m long, 3.6m wide and 1.6m deep.

a. calculate the internal surface area of the pool?

b. calculate the volume of water that needs to be added to raise the level of water from 1.2m to 1.4m to 2d.p.

xFusion

HSC
CAN PLEASE ANSWER THIS ASAP :rofl:

A simming pool is a regular in shape and has uniform depth. It is 12m long, 3.6m wide and 1.6m deep.

a. calculate the internal surface area of the pool?

b. calculate the volume of water that needs to be added to raise the level of water from 1.2m to 1.4m to 2d.p.
a) l*w +2*(l*d)+2*(w*d)
= 12*3.6 +2*(12*1.6) +2*(3.6*1.6)
=91.12? (check with calc if wrong)

b) l*w*0.2
=8.64m^3

straightdown

HSC
I too received 81 as my answer for the second question (check with your teacher as to why the answer is 36)

HSC
Question 1 - Two pairs of pants just means two. A pair of pants means one. So it's 2 x 2 x 2 = 8

Question 2 - I got 81 also. Are you sure you looked at the correct answer?

EDIT: Should probably check replies before I post.
Question 2: 3 x 4 x 3 = 36.

frenzal_dude

UTS Student
HSC
N/A

Thanks
Question 2: the answer is 81, draw it out and work it out by hand to double check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)