Need help with these probability questions (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
1.) If 2/3 of girls play touch football and 3/5 play tennis, find the probability that a girl selected at random would play both sports.

2.) The probability that a newly hatched chick will live through the first year is 1/5. Having lived for one year, probability that it will live in the 2nd year is 1/2.
............(i.) Find the prob. that a particular pair of newly hatched chicks will live for the first year.
............(ii.) Find the prob. that, of a certain pair, only 1 lives through the first year.

3.) Margret and John play tennis. The match is the best of 3 sets. Prob. of Margret winning any set is 3/5. Find the prob. that
.........(a.) Margret wins after 3 sets
.........(b.) Margret wins the match

4.) Ratio of heads to tails on a biased coin is 2:3
.......(i) Find the prob. of getting a tail if tossed once
.......(ii) Find the prob. of getting at least one head if tossed twice.

5.) Assume there is an equally likely chance of being born on any day of the week.
........(i) If 2 people are selected at random, what is the prob. that exactly one is born on a Tuesday?

6.) Terry and Gina attempt a problem. Terry has a 70% chance and Gina has an 80% chance of solving it. What is the prob. that:
........(i) both solve the problem
........(ii) Terry solves it but Gina doesn't?

---------------------------------------

Sorry for asking these, but i can't ask these q's to my teacher because these q's are part of an assessment task.

So could someone please help me?

Cheers.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
uhh its a bit hard to draw a probability tree online...
You don't have to do a tree diagram online, working out the answers without the tree would be fine. If you tell me how to work the answers out, then i would know how you got the answer from the tree diagram.

Cheers.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
i know i have messy writing.. deal with it
if its wrong feel free to correct me.. im not as perfect as i seem lol
Thanks for that cro.

Your writing might not be that good, but hey, mine isn't either. So at least you took the time to help me with these questions.

Thanks heaps.

hot n spicy

help me

Rayanaldo said:
1.) hey how'd u do these q's can someone tell me because i'm hopeless at probability and trigonometry.
sorry u'd think i'm kind of dumb but i want to do well in the hsc

reply asap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)