Need help with timetabling law subjects! (1 Viewer)

trevhk

HSC
N/A
As stated in the title, I need help asap! :jaw:

I am doing a B Business/B Laws course, studying primarily business subjects in the first semester. The issue however, is picking the timetable for my 2nd Semester courses, which is consistent of one business core subject and 2 core law subjects (legal methods and research, perspectives on law). First of all, are we meant to be allocating time slots for semester 2 subjects so early in the year or do we have to wait until the end of Semester 1 before we are eligible to choose time slots? I do realise that there are sections which have times already up for the spring semester.

This is all a bit too confusing for me, and yes I'm an enormous noob lol. However, what's really got me a bit stumped is that the interface is different:

Section SC03
Available to all students
Sem1 Sem2
Sem1 03 Tue 15:00 Sem2 03 Thu 09:00

So, in this case, do I select semester 2? Aren't there meant to be options to choose times for tutorial and lectures or is that the option that is enabled later in the year, nearing the end of semester 1? :cold:

Also, I'm a little perplexed at the options given for legal methods and research:

Available to all students
Cmp1 Sem1
Cmp1 01 Wed 15:00 Sem1 01 Mon 15:00

There's no option to select semester 2 classes? What does Cmp stand for ;_;? Oh how easy and straightforward everything use to be, back in high school O_O.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

lovenotwar

HSC
am fairly certain that we should picking subjects for semester 2 now as places are already filling up..

and sem1 and sem2 are referring to seminars not semesters so you have to choose both that are in the same line e.g. the 2 times above under Section SC03 not just two random ones. legal methods and research is the same cmp1 is just a different type of class but not sure what might be computer lab or something.. im new too so this is just what ive gathered dont worry im the same its all pretty confusing haha

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Hello,

For perspectives and legal method classes are split like this:

Legal Method: 1 seminar 'sem' and 1 computer skills class 'comp.'

Perspectives is two 2hr seminars a week.

When you pick, you pick a section, i.e. a group of classes to attend, this is to prevent people from inadvertently choosing to go to the same seminar twice.

I know 'cause I did these subjects in Spring 2009.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)