Need help writing a letter. (1 Viewer)

Dammit

Hello, I have a task where I am required to

"write a letter to a TV producer suggesting he should explore this idea in a program."

I am wondering - can someone tell me what the correct format of writing a letter is? is this right:
Code:
                                                               [Right Justified]My Name
                                                               [Right Justified]10 Street St,
                                                               [Right Justified]Sydney,
                                                               [Right Justified]NSW, 2001.

[Left Justified]Recipients Name
[Left Justified]11 Street St,
[Left Justified]Sydney,
[Left Justified]NSW, 2001.

[Title for my letter (Centered)]

[Letter Content (Left Justified)]

Kind Regards,
My Name.

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
Umm, its best to check with a text book because there are so many ways in which a letter is set out -- they keep on changing the format.
Last time I had to write a letter for the HSC, everything was justified left and we did not have to place a title for the letter, but I know some letters that reply to others place an "Re:" in this position, referring to what the last letter was about. The letter should have the Dear Sir/Madam before the Re bit. Each new paragraph is on it's own, ie. double space between paragraphs.

That's from memory but you should check with the English Syllabus which should provide eg. on how to write a letter.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think thats right
but u need a date somewhere there
and i don't think syd and nsw are on different lines
hmmm

Dammit

thanks iambored. Alethia, i dont have a text book and its on monday so i cant really go down that route..thanks anyway.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no prob
are there any sites on the net?
coz i can't say i'm 100% sure.. they were just ideas

Dammit

i searched but couldnt find anything relating to the HSC english course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)