Need help... (1 Viewer)

rawrnerozero

HSC
Can anyone please answer these 5 questions? Really appreciate it. Just like to add that they are long written response questions.
EDIT: Didn't make my question clear enough, what i'm asking is a brief summary so I know i'm on the right track on my question and also give me tips to on the main point of it. I'm not asking anyone to do my work just give me a little help.

1. Describe how electricity is used in electrolysis and how electricity is produced from a battery.

I have to talk about Galvanic Cells right and how it works? For batteries I chose Dry Cell but not sure if i'm answering correctly or not...

Also diagram included?

2. Write relevant equations for the anode and cathode reactions.

Galvanic Cells and Dry Cell Cathode and Anode equations? Anything else I should add?

3. Compare and contrast electrolysis of a molten salt and an aqueous solution.

Something to do with faraday and the electrolysis of water but don't know how to answer.

4. Explain how electrolysis is used in industry.

Something to do with electroplating/copperplating, making elements, electric refinery etc

5. Assess the value of using batteries in electric cars

I really have no idea for this one, all I know is the metal is dangerous, last longer, enviromentall friendly?

Last edited:
K

khorne

Can anyone please answer these 5 questions? Really appreciate it. Just like to add that they are long written response questions.

1. Describe how electricity is used in electrolysis and how electricity is produced from a battery.

this is obviously your homework. Please do some research and piss off, no one is going to do your work for you.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just pick up a textbook and do some reading, it's not that hard. (Jacaranda/Chem Contexts/Conq Chem) etc

rawrnerozero

HSC
I'm not asking for the answers but like i'm not sure if i'm doing the questions right is my real question. And it's not homework it's for an assignment and all I ask is for like a brief summary as to how to answer the question to get good marks.

rawrnerozero

HSC
this is obviously your homework. Please do some research and piss off, no one is going to do your work for you.
Instead of shitposting on my thread you can just give me a brief summary as to what I need to do. This question is not about doing it for me while I sit back and do nothing, the real question which I should've added was how do I answer the question and give me an e.g. so I know what i'm doing.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm not asking for the answers but like i'm not sure if i'm doing the questions right is my real question. And it's not homework it's for an assignment and all I ask is for like a brief summary as to how to answer the question to get good marks.
I don't know what you were expecting when you posted this. Were you really expecting people to answer those 5 long questions just so you get a good foundation for your assignment ? You're in year 12 now, start taking responsibility for your own actions. You can't expect us to answer those questions for you as you'll need to know it yourself in order to complete your hsc.

rawrnerozero

HSC
I don't know what you were expecting when you posted this. Were you really expecting people to answer those 5 long questions just so you get a good foundation for your assignment ? You're in year 12 now, start taking responsibility for your own actions. You can't expect us to answer those questions for you as you'll need to know it yourself in order to complete your hsc.
lrn2read seriously, sure I didn't made it clear on my first post that I just wanted a brief summary of the assignment(I already added on my 4th post now) and I just wanted a brief summary because I just wanted to know if i'm answering the questions right or not, if you have something more productive to do on the forum then use it to help people and not give the herpa derp do it yourself reply, otherwise what's the point of the forum?

Last edited:

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
lrn2read seriously, sure I didn't made it clear on my first post that I just wanted a brief summary of the assignment(I already added on my 4th post now) and I just wanted a brief summary because I just wanted to know if i'm answering the questions right or not, if you have something more productive to do on the forum then use it to help people and not give the herpa derp do it yourself reply, otherwise what's the point of the forum?
Jesus christ. I'll tell you this now. With your current attitude, you will fail chemistry and whatever other subjects in the HSC.

The point of this forum is so that you can discuss and get help on certain problems that will ENABLE you to answer them effectively ON YOUR OWN. The forums aren't for people to post their assignment questions so other people can help them cheat.

You're going back on your own story.

First, you ask us to answer it all for you, even telling us that they're long response questions.

Second, you fail to mention that it's an assignment question as you knew no one would help you if we knew it was for an assignment. (By the way, if you had said it was for an assignment and that you're having some trouble answering it/making sure you were heading towards the right path then asked the questions 1 by 1, then I'm sure people would have helped you)

Third, once someone noted that it's an assignment/homework question, you reply by saying "I'm not asking for answers, I'm asking if i'm doing them correctly". You never mentioned in the first post to ask us 'if you were doing them correctly'. And don't come up with the lame excuse that "you forgot to add it", which we all know is bs.

Fourth, you then ASK for a brief summary on HOW to answer the questions. Which once again supports the theory that you initially did not know how to answer the questions and were rather hoping that other people answer it for you.

If you're finding this difficult, then ADMIT to it and ask for help. Don't expect people to do it for you.

rawrnerozero

HSC
Jesus christ. I'll tell you this now. With your current attitude, you will fail chemistry and whatever other subjects in the HSC.

The point of this forum is so that you can discuss and get help on certain problems that will ENABLE you to answer them effectively ON YOUR OWN. The forums aren't for people to post their assignment questions so other people can help them cheat.

You're going back on your own story.

First, you ask us to answer it all for you, even telling us that they're long response questions.

Second, you fail to mention that it's an assignment question as you knew no one would help you if we knew it was for an assignment. (By the way, if you had said it was for an assignment and that you're having some trouble answering it/making sure you were heading towards the right path then asked the questions 1 by 1, then I'm sure people would have helped you)

Third, once someone noted that it's an assignment/homework question, you reply by saying "I'm not asking for answers, I'm asking if i'm doing them correctly". You never mentioned in the first post to ask us 'if you were doing them correctly'. And don't come up with the lame excuse that "you forgot to add it", which we all know is bs.

Fourth, you then ASK for a brief summary on HOW to answer the questions. Which once again supports the theory that you initially did not know how to answer the questions and were rather hoping that other people answer it for you.

If you're finding this difficult, then ADMIT to it and ask for help. Don't expect people to do it for you.
But I did I really say do my assignment? I only said answer but I think people got the wrong impression as most of you thought "do my assignment for me please!!!" I didn't meant that you guys have to answer it in full details or whatever. And secondly how is that bs I forgot to add/edit what I really wanted? As I mentioned before I didn't read my own thread properly as I thought that my thread didn't need any additional info, yes my first post sound misleading but I backed it up on the 4th post before you began to reply as I already told you, but you only concentrate on the part where I made my first post. Also thirdly I didn't mention assignment on the post on purpose because people wouldn't answer for me, I thought people would get that impression when I mentioned "long response question" but okay maybe i'm wrong? I'm only new to this forum so I don't know how things work around here so forgive me if i'm not meant to this or that. All I wanted to know is if i'm doing this assignment right or not and as I said I already started on the assignment but I post this thread just to make sure I know what i'm not missing anything or i'm on the right track etc. Also what kind of attitude i'm pulling out anyways? Not like i'm fully capslocking or raging at people.

I'm not trying to start a forum fight or whatever, so i'm going to stop posting about this now. If no one wants to help comment then so be it, we'll move on.

Last edited:

beehappy

HSC
Why on earth would you need help for these questions? Do you own work; there are answers pretty much floating around in your face

ella-m

HSC
If you look at the andrew harvey summary for production of materials, it answers all these questions for you :)

good luck.

HSC
N/A
Hey

just a piece of advice: just make sure u also give ur answers in a way that answers their key words (sorry its a bit confusing to explain), but say for example assess the value... after giving the advantages and disadvantages make sure u say if it is useful to go for it or not.

Good luck!!

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
that is so mean!!! I'm sure there is a gentle way to say it -.-

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
EDIT: Didn't make my question clear enough, what i'm asking is a brief summary so I know i'm on the right track on my question and also give me tips to on the main point of it. I'm not asking anyone to do my work just give me a little help.

I have to talk about Galvanic Cells right and how it works? For batteries I chose Dry Cell but not sure if i'm answering correctly or not...

Also diagram included?

Galvanic Cells and Dry Cell Cathode and Anode equations? Anything else I should add?

Something to do with faraday and the electrolysis of water but don't know how to answer.

Something to do with electroplating/copperplating, making elements, electric refinery etc

I really have no idea for this one, all I know is the metal is dangerous, last longer, enviromentall friendly?
you will find the answer for these questions in the dot point book. I recommend it ..they are answered briefly and clearly :D

try this http://www.scribd.com/doc/16603659/HSC-Chemistry-Syllabus-Notes-2007

best of luck

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)