Need Help (1 Viewer)

VegemiteLoverGB

HSC
So in about early July, I decided I was going to lose weight. I had been bullied mercilessly all throughout school, and I thought enough was enough. So I started losing weight gradually, eating pretty healthily (couple of apples a day, cut out the junk food, smaller proportion of food) and I felt better. Then HSC came around; at this time, I ate very little because I was so nervous that I couldn't digest anything. The weight fell off, but at the same time, my mind-set had changed - I barely wanted to eat anything, because I was afraid I was going to put all of the weight back on. Now, two months after finishing the HSC, Ive gone from 100kg (July) to 58kg (As of 5th January, 2012) and Im paranoid about what I eat, and what I can't eat. I regularly skip breakfast and lunch in fear that ill put it back on. I know ive got something wrong in my head, and Im not denying that. But id love to know what I can eat in order to maintain my weight. If people had any advice, that would be greatly appreciated :)

halapenyo

HSC
lol dude your bmi went from the obese range to the underweight range.

your metabolism might not be working as well due to the rapid weight loss. so wat you should do is slowly increase your intake of food everyday so that your body gets used to a larger intake.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Eat healthy, vegetables, meats, complex carbs, eat 4-5 meals a day, (that weight loss seems so un-healthy)

And trust me, if you dont start eating now, it'll get a lot worse later on, have a really bad impact on your health.

Also, start working out, weights... and I think you should aim to have your weight at about 70-75kg, that's relatively healthy, but this with healthy eating and weights, it'll take time, you'll get there, you'll put on good muscle and feel a lot better. :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
holy shit that is dramatic weight loss, well done but you could put on a little bit of weight.

are you at all feeling fatigued and at a lack of energy?

qwerty44

HSC
Putting on some weight will do you well now. Start some weight training and don't skip meals. Being underweight is just a bad as being overweight.

jane bubble

HSC
please give me tips on losing weight, these holidays, i gained 5 kilos and am now overweight

I dont think i can ever lose weight

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
always eat breakfast! its been shown that those who skip brekky are more prone to put on weight. Just have a diet thats got a good amount of carbs, protein and good fats. EG: tuna and rice, chicken and rice, ceasar salad etc. In other words a meal with meat and something else. In the end excess weight comes down to excess calories, just have medium sized frquent feedings and youll be fine. Hit the gym too!

VegemiteLoverGB

HSC
Thanks for all of that guys, big help :) But I know it's my mind set, because I didnt have anything all day, then I had Fettuccine Carbonara for dinner, and spent an hour and a half on the bike and half an hour doing weights straight after dinner :/

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
So in about early July, I decided I was going to lose weight. I had been bullied mercilessly all throughout school, and I thought enough was enough. So I started losing weight gradually, eating pretty healthily (couple of apples a day, cut out the junk food, smaller proportion of food) and I felt better. Then HSC came around; at this time, I ate very little because I was so nervous that I couldn't digest anything. The weight fell off, but at the same time, my mind-set had changed - I barely wanted to eat anything, because I was afraid I was going to put all of the weight back on. Now, two months after finishing the HSC, Ive gone from 100kg (July) to 58kg (As of 5th January, 2012) and Im paranoid about what I eat, and what I can't eat. I regularly skip breakfast and lunch in fear that ill put it back on. I know ive got something wrong in my head, and Im not denying that. But id love to know what I can eat in order to maintain my weight. If people had any advice, that would be greatly appreciated :)
Uhm firstly you have to consume atleast 1200 calories a day if you consume any less than that your body will automatically store any food you eat as fat and put it self in the “Starvation” mode which will result in actually gaining because the body needs some fats.

However to lose weight the most convenient way would to be cut down 750-850 calories from what you already consume. Example; if you eat 4500calories a day you would need to be cutting 750 calories to 3650 calories but if you want to somehow accelerate it then going to the gym and burning off as many calories as you can will help too. If you are unable to go to the gym then thats fine, as long as you cut off 500+calories you should be fine; which will result in a 1kg per week loss or something around it..

To fight hunger cravings i would suggest every time that you begin to crave something for example a snack or your body tells you that you are hungry dont eat food straight away because your body may only be thirsty, so drink water and wait a bit and if those craving pursue then eat in small and controlled proportions. Also consider chewing a sugar free gum as it takes your mind off food

PS: I know this because... I want to be a nutritionist.

Last edited:

bruudy

HSC
Control your diet first and eliminate junk/fast unhealthy stuff from your lifestyle. I think you should aim to have your weight at about 70-75kg, that's relatively healthy, but this with healthy eating and weights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)