Need ideas for Chemistry depth study (all ideas appreciated!) (1 Viewer)

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Currently starting my Chem depth study which is based on Module 7 and Saponification. Our task for the depth study is to investigate how a change of variable during the production of soap(s) in the laboratory affects its cleaning action. I have an idea for the change in variable i.e. different types of vegetable oils (coconut oil, sunflower oil for example) however in terms of testing its cleaning action I'm a little stumped. I've researched a few properties I can test such as surface tension and foaming height but I was wondering if anyone had other ideas of a test for cleaning action which would be significantly easier. Perhaps even some advice if people have completed a very similar research task before?

Thank you.

idkkdi

HSC
Currently starting my Chem depth study which is based on Module 7 and Saponification. Our task for the depth study is to investigate how a change of variable during the production of soap(s) in the laboratory affects its cleaning action. I have an idea for the change in variable i.e. different types of vegetable oils (coconut oil, sunflower oil for example) however in terms of testing its cleaning action I'm a little stumped. I've researched a few properties I can test such as surface tension and foaming height but I was wondering if anyone had other ideas of a test for cleaning action which would be significantly easier. Perhaps even some advice if people have completed a very similar research task before?

Thank you.
retarded depth study. are you really going to be making soaps......

how do u plan to do reflux and purification without going to your school labs every week.

or perhaps ur buying soaps? much easier lol.

i reckon foaming height might be one of the easiest lol. yeet some stuff into the test tube and just measure height lmao.
surface tension also doable, but probably a lot harder to do accurately and quickly.

Changing up some chemicals and draw up a table for emulsifiability. but this may stay qualitative.

u could also perhaps look at cleansing action in different environments like hard water.

i reckon just read through articles on google scholar or normal google or smth.

if u are really sweating and this depth study has a long word count, u could probably test anything and everything about cleaning action (write up one of those pracs with a big boy part a,b,c,d method section, u have probably seen these in chem in focus) and come to a conclusion like x more foam, but increases wettability by less, y less foam, but increases wettability by more.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Guys just started year 12. Does anyone have a good depth for reference for chem mod 5 and also physics mod 7? any help will be greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)