• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need ideas for my SGP. (1 Viewer)

pffft

HSC
anyone know some good topics to do for my SGP?

what topics were successfull in the past?

any ideas/ suggestions will be muchly appreciated.

Dave2007

HSC
I did global distribution of high-seas piracy in the 21st century for my SGP.

Treated it as a joke, did the entire 20 page project the night before with all falsified research and phone logs etc...

And got 85%.

pffft

HSC
hmmmmm...

i think i need something a little more... local.

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
I'd like some ideas too if you guys don't mind. My initial idea was to test if the central coast catchment area and dam was really the best place to have a dam and prove it by showing rain distribution over the coast but i don't really think that's a great topic.

ALLLICE

HSC
Mine was on how the new epping to chatswood rail link would benfit ppl in the epping area...

pffft said:
hmmmmm...

i think i need something a little more... local.
What area r u in then?

pffft

HSC
Casula.

near liverpool/glenfield etc.

ALLLICE

HSC
hmm i don't know that area too well... though it's easy to do ur SGP on an urban dynamic taking place in ur area i.e. urban consolidation, urban renewal, spatial exclusion, suburbanisation, exurbanisation, urban decay, urban villages , etc.

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Any ideas what i can specifically look at with urban consolidation, because that's an issue with gosford and the central coast too.

pffft

HSC
oi fishtits!

have you started your SGP? and when is yours due?

i wanted to do something to do with the development of Casula Powerhouse Arts Center, but i think its too specific.

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
I really haven't given it that much thought :(

I haven't started and the progress report is due in week 8 of this term (that means i should be roughly halfway or more then halfway in 4 weeks :S

I don't know anything about Casula Powerhouse Arts Center but to me it sounds a little bit too specific. I wouldn't pick one particular thing like the development of one building because to me that means that all your information has to be directly on that meaning that a lot more work would be needed to find information regarding everything to do with the place.

That's why i made my idea kinda broad. I can look at places that get much higher rainfall levels and contrast them with rainfall levels of the current dam and i can look at the reasoning for the placement of where the dam is now and look for places that are like that on the central coast.

I emailed gosford city council to get ideas on where i'd find information to help me with what i was looking for. Perhaps you could do the same with your idea.

pffft

HSC
I only got mine yesturday..

But our statement for our topic is due next week.

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
That's easy, just a one page outline of your idea, you can change your idea throughout the year if you find a better topic, but whatever you pick make sure it's a smart logical plan to attack the problem, that's where I lost marks :(

pffft

HSC
ohhh yeah.

i forgot you get marked for your statement plan and your progression along the way.

i still cant think of a topic though.

i was goign to do something about the birdlife in our area, but theres too many variables that could effect my results.

I NEED A TOPIC.

pffft

HSC
'cause thats what my geo teacher said.

otherwise how am i going to collect primary sources?

pffft

HSC
maybe i should do something about how many people in my neighbourhood are carbon neutral...

or something of the sort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)