Need life advice. (1 Viewer)

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Not sure where to post this exactly but I decided to post it in this topic as I figured it ties in a bit. Here's the situation:

I'm eighteen and live in Victoria. I am doing professional writing at uni and realised that I do not want to go down this career path (for a variety of reasons). However, it is going to be difficult for me to switch to a course I'd prefer like IT. I have the ENTER score but I did not perfom well this semester as I lacked the motivation and couldn't care less, so getting a transfer would be difficult.

In my course I have met an amazing girl. She is also eighteen and likes the exact same stuff I do and we have parallel personalities. She is the female version of me. I really like her, we've talked a bit and I think that she likes me. However it is difficult because we are both very shy, her especially, and I only see her at uni on a tuesday.

Halfway through this semester I realised uni blew and so I decided to call up 13 19 01 and try to get into submarines. I have passed the first round of examinations (out of 3) and my next is booked in for late this month. I am fairly confident that I will get in.

Okay, so the problems are:

1) Wtf do I do if I don't get into either the Navy or the transfer? Given that I am doing poorly and am unmotivated in this course.

2) Should and how do I pursue a relationship with this girl? We are both shy and I am inexperienced (I think she might be too).

3) If you were in my situation, what would you do?

Thanks a lot for any help, I'm stuck in life, and I can't hit pause and load game.

horses r cool

HSC
1) Wtf do I do if I don't get into either the Navy or the transfer? Given that I am doing poorly and am unmotivated in this course.

2) Should and how do I pursue a relationship with this girl? We are both shy and I am inexperienced (I think she might be too).

3) If you were in my situation, what would you do?

Thanks a lot for any help, I'm stuck in life, and I can't hit pause and load game.[/quote]

1. if u cant get into either the navy or transfer and that course really isn't doing anything for u cant u just take some time off from it a mate of mine did that and get a job and see if u can get into ur other course at a later date. find out what really intrests u.

2. just talk to her and ask her if she wants to go get coffee or something after ur lectures or what ever just take it slow to start with and see where it goes.

3. try and sort out what i really wanted to do in life and find other paths into it.

good luck

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
1) Um you sit down and think about what you are good at and enjoy and then pursue possible career paths that might interest you.

2) Man up and ask her out as suggested above. If you are both horribly shy, chances are that she isnt going to make a move at all so youll have to stop being a pussy and do it. Just be super casual about it.

3) Stop being so whiney for a start and have a "oh noess im DOOOMMMEEEDDD outlook. If something doesn't work, you keep trying until you find something you love. There are so many years ahead of you. Heaps of people move aroun from job to job until they find what they love. Make informed choices and stop being so pessimistic and you might actually get somewhere. Its far from the end of your life.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Blow yourself up.
Agreed.

Your life is all too complicated, end it now to save the worries.

My life's heaps easier, everything just works and I'm going to be famous.

l8ers!

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
1) Drop the course and find a job. Go back to uni later if you want to: non-school leavers entry system.

2) Ask her out. Coffee or something is always good. It's unlikely she's gonna throw it back in your face and be a bitch about it, even if she does say no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)