Need motivation (1 Viewer)

Snitch2007

HSC
I have my Uni Course and UAI I want in big bold capital letters on my wall, which I face when I study. . . I also want to beat my best friend because he thinks he is so much better just because he does 4 unit Mathematics.

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
Road Runner said:
I hear you man. Some people in my school think they're better than everyone else just because they do 4U english, 4U Maths etc. My motivation is to get a higher UAI than these 'no lifers' and show them that an all rounder person can beat them.
I am determined to beat everyone that has ever tried to even act smart...just to show them....lol it twould be nice...our 4U maths ppl are alright...its our 4U english people who think they're gods gift to earth

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Matt1120 said:
I am determined to beat everyone that has ever tried to even act smart...just to show them....lol it twould be nice...our 4U maths ppl are alright...its our 4U english people who think they're gods gift to earth
The HSC isn't something to judge someone's intelligence by, just so you know. You could be mentally brilliant but couldn't really give a shit about the HSC just cause you don't need a super-high UAI for whatever you want to do in uni. Just making a point :D.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Nothing against english, but with my experiences with it, become a bullshit artist, make up crap which you don't even mean, and you will get the marks.

bassistx

HSC
If goals aren't good enough motivation, I don't know what is.
Just think: after you finish your homework and learn everything, you can go to bed! :D Best reward ever. Especially if you're up past 2am every night lol.

My motivation would probably be TV. I mean, to get things done quickly so I can watch House etc. But then I just rush heh..

Edit: INCENTIVES!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm wondering..what is the sole point of english?

maths has applications such as making devices, science is a huge branch, but what does english achieve?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
tommykins said:

maths has applications such as making devices, science is a huge branch, but what does english achieve?
to make us hate school, and question this subjects existance.

cs01001

HSC
tommykins said:

Through the studying of English, more precisely - Journeys, we as humans are able to challenge our preconception of the world, and achieve a greater enlightenment/understanding of ourselves and also our world. The journeying process exposes teh flaw of humanities, and hence give us the opportunity to self reflect. By embarking on a journey, we are able to transend upon our normal comfort zone, and also overcome the physical restraints of the reality to reach a new relam.

Now, that's what English is for... :uhhuh:

bassistx

HSC
Erh, might I add here that this is the last year for "Journeys".
English makes us read, write.. You know. That important stuff. So we can read magazines and type on the cybernet :)

cs01001

HSC
Not really, despite the aim of the course of getting us to write good English. I read a newspaper article from SMH a few days/week ago, that said graduates cannot explain themselves properly to employers. With some seeking jobs going to the extent of using leet speak, ie subsituting a letter with numbers. Now that's lol

cal-

Banned
HSC
The English advanced course doesn't improve your speaking skills. You learn spelling, grammar and how to communicate coherently up until year 7, after that there is nothing to help you become better.

You can be specifically tutored to write essays and obtain a high mark, even if you're horrible at speaking and using English in everyday life.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
People force themselves. But have you used your power...the inner power that you have...to choose to do well?

bassistx

HSC
cs01001 said:
Not really, despite the aim of the course of getting us to write good English. I read a newspaper article from SMH a few days/week ago, that said graduates cannot explain themselves properly to employers. With some seeking jobs going to the extent of using leet speak, ie subsituting a letter with numbers. Now that's lol
I know what leet is, fool :)

The point of English is not to "find yourself" or "give you an identity" for crap's sake. It's reading, writing, speaking - IT IS A LANGUAGE.
We do the same in Italian, German, Chinese, French, whatever - you learn the language. Not how to be an individual.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
cs01001 said:
Through the studying of English, more precisely - Journeys, we as humans are able to challenge our preconception of the world, and achieve a greater enlightenment/understanding of ourselves and also our world. The journeying process exposes teh flaw of humanities, and hence give us the opportunity to self reflect. By embarking on a journey, we are able to transend upon our normal comfort zone, and also overcome the physical restraints of the reality to reach a new relam.

Now, that's what English is for... :uhhuh:
In other words, useless/making up bullshit.

I'm all for teaching sentence structure/whatevr up till yr 7-10ish, but english and journeys etc. is jsut fucking useless.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
haydezats said:
I'm finding it hard to gain the necessary motivation a 17 yr old needs to start studying and getting stuck into my homework.

How did you gain motivation last year or years past? How do you gain motivation this year?

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Cheers, Hayden;)
Motivation for Hayden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)