need some advice! (1 Viewer)

alvinchowpy

HSC
Should I drop Legal Studies for Extension English for year 11?
Imma drop Legal Studies/Extension English in Year 12 coz I gonna take 4U maths in the HSC
Just came to Australia few months ago (fobbish aye), and my english literally sucks
I've great interest in Legal Studies but it's just waste of time studying it but not taking it in the HSC?
Need some advice, thanks guys! :)

Last edited:

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
just do what u enjoy and know that u'll be engaged in class. no point doing a "high scaling" subject and fuck up. And do you mean ur gonna drop both legal and ext 1 eng or just one of them?

p.s we have similar subjects :p

Examine

same
HSC
Should I drop Legal Studies for Extension English for year 11?
Imma drop Legal Studies/Extension English in Year 12 coz I gonna take 4U maths in the HSC
Just came to Australia few months ago (fobbish aye), and my english literally sucks
I've great interest in Legal Studies but it's just waste of time studying it but not taking it in the HSC?
Need some advice, thanks guys! :)
I recommend keeping Legal Studies tbh. It'd be better to do a subject that you are greatly interested in year 11 then drop it than one you are not interested in despite the increased workload. (this is talking from self experience)

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think in this situation you are better off dropping extension one English rather than keeping a subject you are unsure about. Obviously you share a interest in Legal studies and this is vital-passion is a powerful ingredient in assisting one to succeed in the subject.

alvinchowpy

HSC
thanks for all your advices guys :)
to be exact what i meant was:
i'm currently taking 13 units including the choice of legal studies, and i would like to drop it and take extension english to make it 12 units.
but no matter what i will drop legal studies/extension english in year 12.
the reason is because extension english gives me an extra opportunity to write more essays and i could get more feedback, but as for legal studies it's just for own interest and im not taking that in the HSC coz I am keen to my sciences and maths.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
If you're going with the plan of dropping legal studies or English extension, do the one you enjoy more so year 11 isn't as bad. Better doing more units of subjects you like better, as opposed to doing less with subjects you don't like.

Honestly, I think I only wrote two essays in EE1. You will do enough essay writing in EA to compensate for EE1. I remember I had similar mindset when I wanted to take modern history, for essays, but you end up doing enough in EA to compensate. Also, EE1 and EA essays are quite different. EE1 are more centred around context and ideas, whereas EA is more confined to the text you are studying.

enoilgam

HSC
To be honest, I dont think it's wise to enter year 11 with a plan to drop subjects from the outset. It's better to keep an open mind with things, because you might find that you change your mind over the course of the year. So put an effort into all of your subjects so that you can see which is the best combination for you. I entered Prelim thinking I'd drop Legal and I'd never drop MX1 or SOR II. By the end of the year, I was intent on dropping MX1 and SOR II.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)