Need some general advice on catching up (1 Viewer)

epz

HSC
Heya guys,

I hope someone on these forums have had a similar experience while going through the HSC and can possibly guide me to what they feel is the best way to get back on the ground.

Basically, from my 12 units, my two main subjects of weakness are Chemistry and Maths 2u. For the entire year, I have almost neglected chemistry as well as maths (did approx 1hr study max/week for those two subjects) whereas for my other stronger subjects, I have spent decent amounts of time studying.

For Chemistry: It's not really the concepts that bug me, but rather the questions asked in HSC papers. When I try to do them, I just can't.
For Maths: I'm way too slow and sometimes can't pick up on things that the questions requires

So really:

tl;dr: If you had only an underlying knowledge in Maths 2u and Chemistry, with 5 or so weeks to go for the trials, how the hell would you tackle it? What do you guys recommend for me to do, in order to get to a decent understanding level where I can answer questions?

Thanks in advance

pHyRe

HSC
I would bust my ass trying to get all the notes done for Chemistry. If you don't think you can manage that, then just do trial papers over and over.

Dunno about 2U, trials i guess? probs ask someone else

epz

HSC
I would bust my ass trying to get all the notes done for Chemistry. If you don't think you can manage that, then just do trial papers over and over.

Dunno about 2U, trials i guess? probs ask someone else
For Chemistry, all my notes are done - but retention is an issue: I don't feel quite confident. I know regular study techniques but I don't know something barebones which I can follow throughout the next 4-5 weeks.
Thanks for the suggestion of trial papers, I'll probably borrow the Success One Chem Past Paper book. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)