Need some help on Dirt Music (1 Viewer)

jemdelem

HSC
So i've chosen Dirt Music as a related text and i can pick up some things within it but im sooo confused and i can't really put anything into words.... i really don't understand how the paradigms are reflected in it!!...can someone please help me!! and does anyone have any notes or anything on it?!?!

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
I used Dirt Music, so i understand what youre struggling to come to terms with...

here are a few hints...

- how does Winton represent the dichotomy between local and global and how is this different to the other texts? I think with D.M whats different is perhaps more interesting than what is the same. RFTG basically assumes that there is this global phenomenon of 'anit-global' or 'anti-conformity' sentiment going on yet winton sort of suggests something entirely different.

i think to get at the core of why this text is relevent to RFTG you need to think about the following...
- what is wintons 'take home' message for us?
- what philosophical ideals are represented and how are they represented? ie commericalism, localism, identity etc
- why is winton advocating that a retreat from the 'local' [as such] can lead to some sort of fulfilment even if it nearly kills Fox?
- is the local good and the global bad or are these ideologies interchangeable...

i think i've given you enough to think about... but consider picking out some differences to talk about that add depth and a different perspective to your arguement.

M

jemdelem

HSC
Ennaybur said:
yeh samos, i dont have anything to add.. i was jus lookin for the same stuff as u *high five*
*high five* right back at ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)