Need some help/opinions (1 Viewer)

spkt8n

HSC
Hey guys I wanted to ask,

I'm a year 12 student doing my hsc in NSW, is it possile to use my UAI to go and study overseas? Maybe in the united states?

I'm wanting to study law, and hopefully become a criminal lawyer. Is the UAI from here valid to apply to universities in USA?

Also, would my degree from university over there be valid to practice here? or maybe get a transfer after first year uni to sydney?

DTFM

HSC
Check the site of the university you wish to study at for information on how they choose international students. You should be able to use a law degree from the US to practice in Australia, however you may have to do some additional study here before being licensed.

DTFM

HSC
the_avec said:
they are completely different systems you cant use it to study here because you would not have completed half the stuff relevant to australian law you would probably have to do a 3 year post grad.
No.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
DTFM said:
Check the site of the university you wish to study at for information on how they choose international students. You should be able to use a law degree from the US to practice in Australia, however you may have to do some additional study here before being licensed.
You realise that there are no undergrad law programs in the US.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
You cannot convert your UAI to a mark applicable for USA universities, unfortunately.
You will have to take the SATS and get a damn good mark - plus fees.
My advice is to take a post-graduate course in Australia, and then consider the US for a graduate course in Law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)