need some help! (1 Viewer)

barnsy

HSC
ok, here's the deal. a few years ago, i decided that i wanted to be a pilot. my family then gave me a whole bunch of flying lessons, still continuing, and reaching a cost of $10'000. however, i no longer feel like being a pilot, for various reasons. what should i do?? i don't wanna waste all that money, which they worked hard for. any type of advice on how to handle this would be appreciated!

r we dere yet

HSC
talk to them. thats probably the easiest way to go about it. after all they paid that to support you for your choice, and their going to want to support your change of mind now. no biggie

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Get your licence, then u dont have to. Doesnt mean you dont have to fly.

barnsy

HSC
talk to them. thats probably the easiest way to go about it. after all they paid that to support you for your choice, and their going to want to support your change of mind now. no biggie
that's probably true, but u don't no my parents. seriously, they won't leave me alone about anything, so telling them something like this would be a death sentence for me! lol

r we dere yet

HSC
aww yeah i know what you mean. what makes you change your mind though after you were so dedicated to being a pilot...?

barnsy

HSC
to tell the truth, i don't really no. i just didn't have the same enthusiasm for it as i did when i started. i wanted something...else. it was fun, and very rewarding, but i don't no about having it as a full-time career anymore.

SMP213

HSC
lol, my brother was in the same kinda situation, but kinda worse!!
he started with medicine, then music, acting, philosophy, journalism, personal training, counseling and IT. n my parents paid for it all!
the only advice i can give, is be honest with them, dont let them go on paying when u dont have a future with that career.
my brother was scared of wat my dad would say, so he wrote them a letter.
maybe that would help for you!!!
good luck:)

barnsy

HSC
lol, my brother was in the same kinda situation, but kinda worse!!
he started with medicine, then music, acting, philosophy, journalism, personal training, counseling and IT. n my parents paid for it all!
the only advice i can give, is be honest with them, dont let them go on paying when u dont have a future with that career.
my brother was scared of wat my dad would say, so he wrote them a letter.
maybe that would help for you!!!
good luck:)
wow, that's quite a collection of careers! lol. thanks 4 the advice!

r we dere yet

HSC
ahh ok. well the letter idea seems great! or even get another adult to talk to them or something. just keep in mind that people always seem to worry about things that never really happen :)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
ok, here's the deal. a few years ago, i decided that i wanted to be a pilot. my family then gave me a whole bunch of flying lessons, still continuing, and reaching a cost of $10'000. however, i no longer feel like being a pilot, for various reasons. what should i do?? i don't wanna waste all that money, which they worked hard for. any type of advice on how to handle this would be appreciated!
hmm.
how many hours have you clocked up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)