Need some urgent help for yr 10 Student Research Project (1 Viewer)

AllCatsandNoPussy

HSC
N/A
Basically I need to plan, perform and evaluate an experiment investigating the following question: What factors affect the rate of a chemical reaction?

I understand the 4 main factors that affect the rate of reaction (presence of a catalyst, temperature of the chemical system, surface area of the reactant, concentration of the reactant) but I'm not sure what sort of experiment will appropriately answer the question. I've completed most of the theoretical part of the assignment (background research, particle theory, conservation of mass yadda yadda), now I just need to conduct the experiment and write the scientific report.

Initially for my SRP I was planning to investigate how temperature affected the pH of different liquids, but I'm not positive that experiment fits the question. Does anyone have any ideas how I can adjust that experiment to fit the question, or any other experiments I could undertake to answer the question

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if you just share your own experience with the SRP!

ps. this is kind of urgent as im away for three days on school business and i've been denied an extension so i have to complete this experiment by this coming friday (8/9/17)

blackbird_14

HSC
If this is an srp though, you won't have access to hcl or h2so4. You could just do Panadol in water, and then change the water temperature to see which one is the optimal one, and then do a separate one to see if crushing it up into a powder increases the rate of reaction (which it will - increasing sa). Perhaps you could do one with different amount of water, or double the amount of Panadol in each test, but you have to make do with what ever you have lying around the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)