Need some Year 11 next year help.. (1 Viewer)

frontin

HSC
Hi,

Was just wondering are you allowed to do 3 unit maths, 3 unit music and 3 unit english in your preliminary year (year 11). Subject selection for my school is happening at the moment and i'm still not clear on the issue.

Also, not too many subjects make me excited. So far I want to do 3 maths 3 english and 2 music. And am probably going to take legal studies and modern history. Does anyone have any recommendations about these selections or advice if I'm aiming for a media/communications course in university.

Any other comments or information about my choices would be greatly appreciated.

And any Girraweeners out there, hi! :) Can't wait for MAD06 =P

Cheers, frontin.

Last edited:

kathrynso

HSC
Hey there,
I am sure that you can do 3U english and 3U maths. Im not too sure about 3U music though. I think it might be for year 12, but you can still do music though.
But don't quote me on it.

Considering I don't do Legal or Modern, I can't help you there either. I'm sure there will be heaps of other people who can help you.

Goodluck!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
frontin, ask Year 12 at your school. I am sure they will love to help you out, that way those who have done both Legal and Modern will be able to tell you how they found it....

likewise, go ask the careers advisor from your school. i'm sure she'll be glad to help you out with possible career paths and options :) and she'll be able to help you with subject selections.

as everyone else said, 3u music is only for year 12.... Ropa should have told you that at least ;) Have fun in MAD.

frontin

HSC
wm_abusef said:
frontin, ask Year 12 at your school. I am sure they will love to help you out, that way those who have done both Legal and Modern will be able to tell you how they found it....

likewise, go ask the careers advisor from your school. i'm sure she'll be glad to help you out with possible career paths and options :) and she'll be able to help you with subject selections.

as everyone else said, 3u music is only for year 12.... Ropa should have told you that at least ;) Have fun in MAD.
hey jono,

yes i do know you =P who wouldn't xD but you won't find out who I am for the moment as you probably don't know who i am!

anyway, you probably know subject selection is going on atm.. i've decided on doing modern but now i'm picking between eco and legal >< i really have no idea! ropa is also telling us to do music 1 since music 2 is too hard.. i'm unsure though because i've done up to a high grade in theory and my sister did music 2 and said it was very hard if you put your mind to it.

i've talked to the careers adviser and she said legal is a good way to go for the course im trying to get but the thing is.. i'd probably find legal boring. i can't study for the maths test with all this confusion about subject selection!

i am thinking about asking the year 12's in my school xD anyway, good luck in your hsc trails and i do vote frequently so you don't have to bombard me with the advertising =P hehe k well i'll see you in MAD. good luck finding out who i am xP

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
I'm aiming for a media/communications course in university
If you're aiming for that degree, then don't do 3U math, unless you really love it of course! ;)

3u math is A LOT of work. And if you're going to do well in it, you need to do like 1.5 hours of math a day (average). Some days, you'll get about 2.5 hours of homeworkd (*shudders at the memories*).

Check up what assumed subjects you need for your degree and if you don't need it, don't do it. The 3u prelim math course is the 2u year 12 HSC course, so you really won't miss out on anything (except mathematical induction, and trust me, you don't want to learn it if you don't have to).

But that's just my advice! :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
o.bi.ness said:
The 3u prelim math course is the 2u year 12 HSC course, so you really won't miss out on anything
Minor correction, there are topics that are taught in the 2 unit maths HSC course that aren't covered in the extension 1 preliminary course. For a list of topics that are taught in both courses, I suggest you click here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)