Need Subject Advice (current yr 12s??) (1 Viewer)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
sleepplease said:
nooooooooooooooooo, of course with three unit you do two unit ... I mean, I've been advised not to take just two units of maths because apparently it wouldn't be worth it (with scaling and stuff into consideration I presume...)
Keep in mind not everything is about scaling. You can do a 'low scaling' subject and still get a good mark if you do well at it. If might be better than doing a high scaling subject and getting average marks coz you hate it. If you enjoy ur subject your most likely going to do well at it. :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
sleepplease said:
nooooooooooooooooo, of course with three unit you do two unit ... I mean, I've been advised not to take just two units of maths because apparently it wouldn't be worth it (with scaling and stuff into consideration I presume...)
You still can pwn the HSC and UAI doing only 2 unit maths.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
If you enjoy physics and hate math you shouldn't really be thinking about which one you should do. Usually when you enjoy a subject, your performance in that subject is a lot better compared to one of your hated subjects. If your worried about scaling...physics scales fairly well and so does 2 unit math...but like all subjects, you will only get scaled if you do well in it otherwise your in the shits. It's best not to put too much focus on the scaling...and do subjects you like because then your hsc results will be better...

One of my friends in uni...did more of the english based subjects (4 unit english, mod history etc....and no math). He then decided to pursue a career in commerce and he got distinctions all through uni...so dont worry - do what makes you feel comfortable.:)

chenliru

[h<3rt_kdramas.]
HSC
stick to what u love and what ur good at. no point in doing something that u dont enjoy or is ur weak point.
u can act general maths if ur good. ive seen their work.. its almost like year 10 stuff, jus more expanded on - if that makes any sense.

if u want to try both 2/3unit and physics - u can. but if u realise dont like them, u can drop down to general maths and senior science (at my skool u can). or jus drop one of them. u have a minimum of 10units for year 12, and it looks like u have about 13 so u can only drop 1 subject.

yosemite sam

HSC
if youre better at essay based subjects, then surely the fact that maths and physics scale up wouldnt be a major issue. If your marks are going to be better in other subjects and you enjoy them more, then go for them. and i would recommend sticking with at least mathematics, as you can run into trouble with choosing uni courses without it.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
If you don't like Maths, don't do it.

It's that simple.

slowjam10

HSC
I agree with Jachie, you shouldn'y do maths if you don't like it, that's what i was told and thats why i decided not to continue with it.

sleepplease

HSC
Thanks guys! I changed (woo!) to:

Eng ext (3)
French (2)
Anc Hist (2)
Mod Hist (2)
Studies of Religion (2)
Bio (2)

Oh look at my sexy sexy subjects. I feel so much better! :)

Thankyou allllllll!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)