Need to get better at english (1 Viewer)

curryboy14

HSC
I was wondering if you guys could suggest ways in improving my english skills, any tips for essays, creative writing, speeches etc. Will be appreciated.

HayleyM90249

HSC
Practise! I know that's probably not the answer you wanted but it helps!

curryboy14

HSC
what like just keep writing essays and short stories? because i dont mind if it helps me get a better ATAR

RishBonjour

HSC
what like just keep writing essays and short stories? because i dont mind if it helps me get a better ATAR
Its all about trading off one subject for another. If you just want to maximise your ATAR, try work out which subjects you should put most effort in to get the highest ATAR possible (I focused on other subjects while neglecting engrish, did english for 1 whole week straight before HSC because I THOUGHT it was the best way to go for me).

Since you're only in year 11, it really shouldn't be hard to improve and get a B6. Read all your texts (try different ways e.g. read summaries online first so you know whats happening and thus easier to analyse techniques etc), watch the fiilms required (in class?). If you're really keen on it, just practice essays! And for creative, you must be very brave (or quite competent) to write creative stories on the spot - or you could write a few in your spare time if you're bothered ( I wasn't - only did one - reflected in my mark). For short answers --> techniques! learn to analyse images/poems etc fast.

But heaps of time, good luck.

Verify

HSC
If it's for assessments, finish writing a pre-prepared essay earlier than everyone else (but try to maintain quality) and hand it to the teacher. This way the teacher can give you feedback quicker and thus you have more time to look over and fix your mistakes.

curryboy14

HSC
Its all about trading off one subject for another. If you just want to maximise your ATAR, try work out which subjects you should put most effort in to get the highest ATAR possible (I focused on other subjects while neglecting engrish, did english for 1 whole week straight before HSC because I THOUGHT it was the best way to go for me).

Since you're only in year 11, it really shouldn't be hard to improve and get a B6. Read all your texts (try different ways e.g. read summaries online first so you know whats happening and thus easier to analyse techniques etc), watch the fiilms required (in class?). If you're really keen on it, just practice essays! And for creative, you must be very brave (or quite competent) to write creative stories on the spot - or you could write a few in your spare time if you're bothered ( I wasn't - only did one - reflected in my mark). For short answers --> techniques! learn to analyse images/poems etc fast.

But heaps of time, good luck.
yeah thanks i will take your advice into consideration i mean you say it reflected in your mark but you still got 98.85, i just want to get into medicine, thats my dream since i was young.

If it's for assessments, finish writing a pre-prepared essay earlier than everyone else (but try to maintain quality) and hand it to the teacher. This way the teacher can give you feedback quicker and thus you have more time to look over and fix your mistakes.
yeah thanks i currently am doing that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)