need to kno yr 11 work?................i heard we need to kno 15 or 25 % or smthng of (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
i heard we need to kno 15 or 25 % or smthng of yr 11 bio.......actually.......all the sciences. Is this right?
For eg. the specific ones like capture/recapture, un/disturbed ecosystems, Urey and Miller, things like cyanobacteria.......

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I was never told, we had to know yr 11 stuff for bio, and I dont remember seeing yr 11 questions in the practise exams. You might be getting mixed up with maths, because in 2u they can ask you questions worth up to 20% of the avaliable marks on yr 11 stuff. I dont think thats true for science, but some of the yr 12 stuff is based upon the yr 11 stuff. But dont worry, if youve got a good textbook, like heinmann, that explains the concepts well then you'll be fine even if you didnt pay enough attention in yr 11 :p

asl2

not really...

we touch on xylem and pholem in year 11 and just do a little more in year 12, still the basic stuff...

and another thing that has been same from year 11 is the fish stuff... freshwater and salt

u need some concepts from year 11 which u build on in year 12...
like SA / V that is basic.. (duh !!!)

asl2

one thing that is true that the board have cut out 15% out of all the sciences (physics, boilogy and chem) so basically less to study !!! :)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i dont remember thinking "hey i swear we did that in year 11" in the exam, but then again, i dont remember much form the exam, ceot that i was in and out in 45 mins. lol

i think the only stuf from year 11 in the paper is revised in year 12 anyway

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
We were only examined on year 12 stuff...some stuff may lap over, but they can't ask stuff if it's not in the years 12 syllabus.

Remember the HSC Mantra-If It's not in the syllabus, you don't need to know it! :D

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Remember the HSC Mantra-If It's not in the syllabus, you don't need to know it! :D
listen to butterfly wings. it is very important. they cannot ask a question that does not come form the syllabus. i think ive said it b4 but you can see the dot points in the questions. they use the same wording.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah so far nothing from year 11 has been studied this year... except for all the basics.. like the xylem and pholems and cells and stuff... and darwin and stuff...

buts its all the basic stuff.. but it aint like maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)