Need to lose 20kg :( HELP! (1 Viewer)

totallyconfused

HSC
Hey guys, some genuine advice would be nice, thanks :)

Ok, so I am about 62kg, and need to lose 20kg to be ideal weight for my height (150cm :( ). My goal was to lose the weight over the 4 month hols post HSC, but I've been overseas last couple of month and haven't lost any weight.

So for the remainder of the holidays (~6 weeks), I've decided to strictly focus on losing weight (hoping to lose 12kg in the time). I really want to lose weight so I don't cringe/get depressed each time I see a photo of myself.

I wanted some advice on whether to go through agencies like Light & Easy/Jenny Craig, or I should try doing it on my own? My major concern is that I am a vegetarian and cannot exactly follow the guidelines they give on losing weight.

At home, I only have a treadmill for exercise - should I get a gym membership or should just running be enough for losing weight?

As for the diet, I normally eat healthy food, but I guess my biggest problem is probably eating on time (slowing down metabolism?). I usually wake up around 9am, eat breakfast/lunch at 4pm and sometimes (if hungry) then dinner at about 10pm. I don't snack in between. My eating patterns aren't intentional, but I just don't get hungry much (maybe cos I don't need much food?)

For anyone out there who's had similar weight issues as mine, how have you gone about losing weight? Any advice from anyone would be great, thanks.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
a friend of mine lost a whole lot of weight by wearing a garbage bag underneath a thick jumper and running a lot.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Eat 500 calories less than you would per day. And do 20 min of cardio every second day.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Yeah but I'm very short, most websites say ideal weight should be 40kg for me. For the time being, I just need to get started on losing some weight- don't know what would work for me.

Subway isn't very healthy..
when you tell yourself that you need to lose 12 kilos in 6 weeks, you're almost guaranteed to fail.

set yourself smaller goals, such as a kilo a week.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
So far in last 2 wks I've done about 40mins running per day, but haven't lost any weight - and they say you lose most weight in the beginning :(
diet's probably more important than exercise in terms of losing weight (or even gaining weight?)

alex09hsc

HSC
seriously its not fukin hard to eat less than 30 grams of fat per day and do two 40 minute intervals of strenuous exercise

ademayd

HSC
So far in last 2 wks I've done about 40mins running per day, but haven't lost any weight - and they say you lose most weight in the beginning :(
every morning drink water with a couple of drops of lemon in it

stay away from anything with cafeine it slows down the metabolism heaps

and dont eat anything 3 hours before you sleep

other than that keep up the exercise and low calorie diet and you should be fine

NewiJapper

HSC
JUST eat celery for a couple of days. They ahve negative calories :D and exercise at the same tiem too but make sure you take a multi-vitamin at the same time

alex09hsc

HSC
stay away from the people who make u fat as well
-grandparents
-people who make u eat your feelings
etc

totallyconfused

HSC
every morning drink water with a couple of drops of lemon in it

stay away from anything with cafeine it slows down the metabolism heaps

and dont eat anything 3 hours before you sleep

other than that keep up the exercise and low calorie diet and you should be fine
Oh thanks! I didn't know about the caffeine, I guess I should stop drinking coffee then :(

Your advice about the morning water sounds good, I'll try that :)

As for the diet, I normally eat low calorie food, but I guess I should work on the timings (I usually sleep 1-2 hrs after I eat dinner).

ademayd

HSC
Oh thanks! I didn't know about the caffeine, I guess I should stop drinking coffee then :(

Your advice about the morning water sounds good, I'll try that :)

As for the diet, I normally eat low calorie food, but I guess I should work on the timings (I usually sleep 1-2 hrs after I eat dinner).
oh and distribute your exercise over the whole day such as 10 mins before breakfast, 10 minutes before lunch and 20 minutes before sleeping

AND this one is hard but don't sleep during sunrise, (for like 45 minutes after sunrise and the 45 minutes before sunset) this time is both good for your skin and once again METABOLISM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)