Need to Pick One More Subject - ACCT1511 or FINS1613 (1 Viewer)

Malc

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering if I could have people's opinions on these? I didn't do maths in Yr 11/12 and it isn't really my strong point so I was wondering whether FINS1613 would be too hard for me? Alternatively, Im going alright (not great) in ACCT1501 currently so I was just wondering whether people could give me their opinions on these subjects/advise on which one I should choose?

Thanks

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Word of advice: try not to take FINS1613 when Kyung Hwan is the lecturer.
Not to be racist but maybe avoid all finance courses when a Korean lecturer is teaching. FINS1612 went retarded when I did it >.>

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely avoid FINS1613 when Kyung Hwan is teaching it. *shudder*

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure the last quiz was hard b/c we pissed him off.

Reliability

HSC
N/A
are you guys being serious about not doing it if he's teaching it? it says that he's the instructor for next sem.. so we should just do something else instead? haha

jennnnnnn

HSC
Pick Peter Andersen as the tutor and fins1613's gonna be easy and interesting, 100% for all the quizzes so far =).
I've stopped going to fins1613 lectures after Rob's gone, apparently Zhian took over and all of my friends said they can't understand him....

michaeljennings

HSC
yea take 1613 during sem 1 if you can. The lecturer basically gives away free marks. Average for our first quiz was like 4/6 so he gave everyone and extra mark. 1 in 4 people ended up getting an HD according to the email he sent us

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
yea take 1613 during sem 1 if you can. The lecturer basically gives away free marks. Average for our first quiz was like 4/6 so he gave everyone and extra mark. 1 in 4 people ended up getting an HD according to the email he sent us
Wha he told u guys how many ppl got HD?

michaeljennings

HSC
Wha he told u guys how many ppl got HD?
Yea hah ill copy paste it

I am quite pleased with overall performance on the final exam. I realize that it was challenging. Given that, I will moderate grades using an approach similar to that used on Quizzes 2 and 3.
UNSW rules prevent me from disclosing overall course marks. Therefore, I cannot post or email the final exam marks or overall course grades. Course grades should be released centrally by the university on 17 July. I can, however, report the overall distribution of grades in the course. Approximately 22% of students received a High Distinction, 27% received a Distinction, 26% received a Credit, 21% passed, and 4% failed.

I ended up getting 98 for this course while my friends who did it in sem 1 got like 60s and 70s haha so i was pretty happy i did it in sem 2

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea hah ill copy paste it

I am quite pleased with overall performance on the final exam. I realize that it was challenging. Given that, I will moderate grades using an approach similar to that used on Quizzes 2 and 3.
UNSW rules prevent me from disclosing overall course marks. Therefore, I cannot post or email the final exam marks or overall course grades. Course grades should be released centrally by the university on 17 July. I can, however, report the overall distribution of grades in the course. Approximately 22% of students received a High Distinction, 27% received a Distinction, 26% received a Credit, 21% passed, and 4% failed.

I ended up getting 98 for this course while my friends who did it in sem 1 got like 60s and 70s haha so i was pretty happy i did it in sem 2
Wow one fifth of the ppl got HD! Amazing
Hard to believe

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not a subject for everyone though. I was doing it as a GenEd this sem but I didn't really like it and thought I bombed out on the 2nd quiz so I dropped it. Also, this semester they're having some 'cheating' issue so the marks will be delayed and the final exam was worth more than 50%.

EDIT: I've also heard that Kyung is an a** with his lectures.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not a subject for everyone though. I was doing it as a GenEd this sem but I didn't really like it and thought I bombed out on the 2nd quiz so I dropped it. Also, this semester they're having some 'cheating' issue so the marks will be delayed and the final exam was worth more than 50%.

You can drop it after the 2nd quiz?
Isn't that way after the census date ?

michaeljennings

HSC

haha there's cheating every semester cos the lecturer is too lazy to change the quizes. I know other faculties change the quizes every day so that its harder to cheat but 1613 has the same quiz for the whole week lol. Im surprised they actually caught someone

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
You can drop it after the 2nd quiz?
Isn't that way after the census date ?
Yeah you can. It was way after the census date but just before the academic penalty date. Didn't like it and had no hope in improving so I dropped it before the academic penalty date. Because it was after the census date I still have to pay the fees ($1200 I think - maybe more), but as long as it doesn't show up on my transcript or screw up my WAM then it was definitely worth it. Needless to say, I screwed up my organic chemistry exam anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)