Need Urgent Help,Plz (1 Viewer)

linxicm

Premium Member
HSC
I get very confused about the question compare...

In comprehension bit, the last question always ask u to compare

eg, for last year HSC paper, it asked u to 'compare the Austrlian journeys depicted in text one, text two and three'...

what should I foucs on, the way that they communicate the journeys, or write a whole page about their difference and similarity?

I get so cofused....need help,plz, pp

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
More like integrating both aspects of communication of journey and how one differ and similar to the others. You cannot just talk about the way each texts convey journey. The question ask you to compare, that is, deduce the similarities and differences.

So for example, you might say:

In text one, the composer used this and this to convey a sense of journey, this is DIFFERENT from text two, as composers of text two used that and that techniques to depict a journey.

However, text one is SIMILAR to text three because BOTH composers used these particular techniques to reflect the Australian journey. For example... (give examples).

This is one of a good way to answer the compare/contrast questions. Look into the similarities first, then in the latter part of your answer, contrast them. I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)