Need urgent help with year 11 physics practical assessment task!!!! (1 Viewer)

aria

HSC
Hi

i have a physics practical assessment task this friday i have got no idea what to do and how to study. i didnt even want to do physics and my report for physics was very bad (as in like super bad). Any help is awesome

unit: electricity in home

task: to determine through experiment the resistance of an electrical resistor

syllabus outcomes:

- identifies the implements improvements to investigation plans

- discusses the validity and reliability of data gathered from first hand investigations

- draws valid conclusions from gathered data and information

- implements strategies to work effectively as an individual

now apparently for this assessment i also have to draw appropriate circuit diagram so it would be great if you guys can draw up some for me. Also there is a part where i have to calculate resistance using data collected so it would be very helpful if you guys can show me how to calculate the resistance.

thanks guys

Axio

=o
HSC
Well, I assume you know that the formula you will be using is Ohm's Law: V=IR where V is voltage in volts, I is current in amps and R is resistance in ohms.

The voltage is simply whatever the power pack is set to. The current can be measured using an ammeter that is set up IN SERIES (as opposed to voltmeters that are set up in parallel).

Have a look at this if you are unsure of how to draw circuit diagrams: http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circuits/u9l4a.cfm

To be honest, it doesn't sound like a difficult practical. Try to prepare your aim, materials, method, results tables, etc, before Friday if you can but if not don't worry too much about it.

Good luck :).

EDIT: Here is a sample calculation of Ohm's law: http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/ohm/Q.ohm.example.ohm.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)