• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Negative reputation (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The person who has de-repped you will be visible within the User CP, the first order would be to contact them. If you are unhappy contact Minai or anti. Still unhappy contact an admin.

If you are found to have been wronged, then i assume you will be re-credited with points, and get a formal apology as to the de-repping.

Self-proclaiming? You argued that as moderators, we were unfit judges, as such i argued that due to the process with which we go through to de-rep that there is in fact a 'better' procedure, as i have explained above, than the one in which the masses would use it, and has demonstrated on using it. It is not some sort of trial of the de-repping for the masses, it was available to them, they abused it. You stated that judges was a stupid example as judges had 30 years or so of experience, i argued is that what made the judge "better" and thus infallible. Your argument thus turned upon a full circle, Mods are bad judges, Judges, having 30 years or more experience, are not comparable to us, but they are fallible, accountable for their decisions, and can be appealed against. Exactly what we are, so i dont see the stupidity in this example.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, you can, and theres a whole new connotation to that now isnt there.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well in that case are we not closer and better than a judge as we are accountable?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
so what was glycerine's repeated and continuous breaking of the rules?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Id assume that having been warned, and banned if im not mistaken, for excessive abuse/flaming, thus she has been placed upon a tighter leash.

If a criminal with a record is caught re-offending are they not put upon a tighter leash? It is your perogative to break the rules, your choice to ignore our warnings, your impetus to keep breaking the rules. You get caught, we WILL be watching you more intently.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AsyLum said:
Id assume that having been warned, and banned if im not mistaken, for excessive abuse/flaming, thus she has been placed upon a tighter leash.

If a criminal with a record is caught re-offending are they not put upon a tighter leash? It is your perogative to break the rules, your choice to ignore our warnings, your impetus to keep breaking the rules. You get caught, we WILL be watching you more intently.
so i'm assuming that the mods and admins discussed this all in your mod forum before handing out the punishment?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Members with little or no rep who continually get negative reputation will have negative rep boxes (red, if I recall).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so i'm assuming that the mods and admins discussed this all in your mod forum before handing out the punishment?
I think laz was the one who de-repped her? Thus if she has a problem, talk it up with him, not us, we had no say in that. In the end he has the power like the admins over us. Im sure he will be able to give her a complete run down as to why she was allotted this "punishment."
Asquithian said:
No. Judges have 30 years of training learning how to be fair applying the laws.

The issue is not accountability but rather skill/consistancy ability to make decent decisions not based on personal vendettas or disagreements of opinion or insults. It would only work if it is used properly by mods and mods were kept accountable.

What was the mod neg rep created in response to anyways? Since it would only be effective on those members who have some rep.
And us such, i asked again, even with all this training and experience, are judges infallible? No, you answered. So in the end they are just human like us. There is a process to compensate for our lack of "experience" and "training."

The neg-rep was not "created" it was trialled, abused, and brought back to limit and implement the intended use of the system by the admins.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
geez, rather than introduce this silly system, just get rid of rep in non-school already like what was said but never acted on.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It has been rid of, any rep accorded within NS will not be counted.

anti said:
Reputation assigned to Non-School posts will no longer be counted.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AsyLum said:
I think laz was the one who de-repped her? Thus if she has a problem, talk it up with him, not us, we had no say in that. In the end he has the power like the admins over us. Im sure he will be able to give her a complete run down as to why she was allotted this "punishment."
Asylum said:
Each decision is discussed, evidence of the offending post, of other mediums of conciliation, and a thorough investigation as to past deeds.
so basically this was complete bs? or am i missing something?

and if you don't consider it a "punishment", then why is it used at all on posts which you believe have broken the rules?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That argument was based upon the power of mods neg-repping. NOT the admins.

/edit/

You are free to question the admins, just as we are, so take your decision up with them. Like i said, the first avenue of inquiry should be to the person who de-repped you, as they would normally be the one who had the agenda brought forward. (speaking for mods) Admins and SMods i assume would take only the relevant action after, as i had explained, prior abuse/offences.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
and are we privy to the rules of admin neg repping, or will this practice be subject only to the admin's mysterious workings?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
By signing up to this forum, you abide by the admins rules and subsequent decisions and actions. If you feel unhappy with such, you can leave or continue to complain or continue to abide by the rules.

They do not have any obligations to explain, and neither do we, but we feel that by explaining, it would decrease the questions and set forth a guideline as to what we expect. You cannot please everyone, and i do not think that is any major pushing force behind this forum.

If you want to discuss the matter with him, do so. We are here as members and as those who enforce and monitor the activity and rules, etc upon this forum. We do not make the final call.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
yes, we abide by the admin's rules, but my question is, do they actually have any, and if so, what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)