Nelsons Bay? (1 Viewer)

one_direction

HSC
heya i know its a bit early to start planning schoolies for 2013, but i was wondering if Nelsons Bay is worth going to? We've got a massive group around 12-15 people and we need to book accommodation soon for that many people.
Anyone went to nelsons schoolies in 2012? what were your experiences?
x

Lauramay01

HSC
I have been to Nelsons bay in the past, although not for schoolies. It is a great place if you want to relax and do activities such as whale watching, sand dunes, parasailing and relax at beaches but wouldn't recommend if you want to spend it out clubbing haha
Beautiful place, sorry about late reply

B

bighead3

yeaah im going with a group of 6 mates, staying near shelly beach, you still going ?

Elenax

HSC
Hey, I went to schoolies 2012 in that area. I stayed in fingal bay which is like super close, just past shoal. I was underage at the time as well and it was the best week ever. There are always groups of people randomly walking around that will just be like SCHOOLIES? And as soon as you say yes like instant friendship was formed hahah. It's not like Gold Coast at all. Don't expect heaps and heaps of people, probably just like a 5 big groups of us were there last time. And that was only fingal so not sure about nelson but that's a more known place so I'd expect more people there. I really loved it. I got to know so many new people and we had bonfires and drinks in the beach two nights in a row and when it got too windy or cold we would just head back to someone's place and keep going haha. Everyone was just constantly drunk and it was so chill.
Loveddddd it and I do recommend it!!!!
But yeah make sure you talk to people and organise things because that's when fun starts!!!

hope14

HSC
Sorry for late reply. We're going to Nelsons. I've been there before and am looking forward to it... Should be fun :D but I guess not the classic clubbing schoolies if that's what you want ??

chadsexington69

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, yeah me and some friends went last year admittedly it was a belated schoolies (17-23rd of December lol the night life was not great) but we had fun. I have to say though be careful of Winning Holidays when booking accommodation because theres a guy that will be on your case if he finds out that you're there for schoolies and probably either charge a decent size bond or ring the property owner and ask them whether or not as schoolies you can stay there (we booked an apartment). Also be mindful that the bottle shop in the CBD could have jacked up their prices a bit in time for schoolies so if you bring some alcohol from home that could help save a bit of money, otherwise have an awesome time! I swear going sandboarding on the dunes can cure hangovers. Nothing beats the freedom and drunkenness of it... at least not until uni haha :) So much so that me & a friend may be headed back there after finishing our first year of uni to kick back. Keen as hell for the beach! JL

Examine

same
HSC
Sounds good, thanks for the heads up. (I'm going there this Saturday hahah)

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
My friends and I are going this Saturday too :)
We have accommodation near Fingal Bay. I'm also not that much of a fan of the costs of sandboarding (or maybe I am just cheap lol). I also realised that there is a total fire ban so no bonfires :(

HSC
It's alright. Port Stephens isn't really a schoolies destination but if you guys just want to head up there to chill and stuff it's good. Just not the partying.

indiecarmel

HSC
My friends and I are staying in a holiday house near dutchies beach. Not the best weather at the moment but we are hear until next Saturday

Vel

HSC
me and a group of 5 mates are heading up there for 2014 schoolies.
I can't wait. whats it like? what should we do?
Is anyone else going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)