Nelsons Bay (1 Viewer)

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
I've been there not on schoolies but went on holidays before. I dunno bout clubs and shit there. I think its mostly pretty quiet. Meh maybe its better during schoolies? I dont know anyone thats been there for schoolies before.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
DanielleM said:
any1???????
bahaha. I live here. If you're coming for schoolies, you're going to be bitterly disappointed. The most happening place, so to speak, would probably be an RSL club or maybe a Christian group. Closest decent club would be in newcastle, a good hour's drive.

flamearrows

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I went to fingal bay for schoolies. It was basically a really mini version of the real schoolies on the gold coast, QLD etc. But it was still heaps of fun. There will be plenty of other school-leavers around to meet and party with. THere's fuck all clubs and stuff but for us it was more fun just getting drunk in the house and walking around the streets finding people and going to parties.

*Lisa*

HSC
hey,
im going to surfers for a week 4 schoolies then me and my group are going to nelsons bay
were just expecting a quite one but it will b nice to b lazy and drink with my friends down there at the little caravan park
but if i was u i wouldnt b expecting any exciting clubs or huge parties...

whitie

HSC
My sister went there and they said they had a pretty good time other than having a huge fight with her group which made her come back early. There's not much to do in the way of nightclubs and stuff like that, but they invested their money on 4 wheel driving in sand dunes, water skiing and tubing.

Firnovvwen

HSC
I'm off to Shoal Bay for Schoolies, which is situated near Nelson's Bay. Hopefully there will be more things to do there than go to the beach. :p

None of us are 18 ('cept for two and that's not enough) and so we think it's best if we keep it a quiet and relaxing Schoolies and I think we'll be set. I have a feeling that if I went to Surfers and illegally drank my way out of some respect from my friends, I wouldn't have a good time at all, and I'd be one of those bums that advises that people to stay away from Schoolies week. I don't want that.

I reckon, if you can't find something to do there, go home and look at what you have at home. You'll have people who didn't go anywhere asking if you had a good time and then you'd waste time on just being a bum for a whole couple of weeks. Hmmm...*ponders*

Anyway, have a good time there, might run into someone interesting there eh?

dreamon36

HSC
Me nd some friends mite go up some time in November, i got a place in Fingal Bay. It prob wont be as happening as the real schoolies places but good for a break none the less.

Planning to hit the pubs and laze around all day, (even tho i wont be 18 yet =( )
prob do some touristy stuff as well, i havnt tried sand-dune boarding yet....

Hopefully see some other schoolies too :p

dany_starlet

HSC
Our group will hopefully go to shoalbay as well, just to relax and escape the stereotyped "schoolies" atmoshpere. most of us wont be 18 anyway...

Spadge

HSC
N/A
Make your own party

The whole penninsula is reasonably quite, so you'll have to make your own party. There is a big street party in Shoal Bay on New Years...

Things to Note:
Alcohol-Free Zones: Anna Bay Shops, Shoal Bay Road, Nelson Bay CBD.
Liquorland at Salamander Bay often checks ID of whole groups of people who come into the shop if anyone looks underage, but other bottle-os are far less strict.
It is DEFINATELY a tourist destination, so if you take the time to look around the caravan parks, you can find some good deals.
If you call it "Nelsons Bay", you will immediately be identified as a tourist, it's called Nelson Bay: no 's'.

dany_starlet

HSC
Oh cool.

So what are the attractions there??

My dad tells me there is a wicked tourist boat thing with netting you can sit in on the back...

is there markets, nice places to eat etc.

We are going to Shoalbay to stay - free accommodation. Sweet!

Spadge

HSC
N/A
Yeah, there are dolphin watching cruises in Port Stephans where the boat has netting hung off it - it's pretty cool.

There are good markets at Anna Bay fortnightly on sundays. As for places to eat, fast food at the food court at Salamander Bay shops, or there are plenty of restraunts around. Hogs Breath is one of many at the Nelson Bay marina and there is a rockin Italian place on the waterfront at Shoal Bay called Gianni's.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ive been to port stephens every year pretty much since.. well even before i was born. We anually go on the Salamander Bay Taboggans. they've lost their novelty since when i was kid but people who've never done it love it. I've also done sanddune boarding twice, thats fun as!!!! hmm we hired some jetskis last year and did that in Nelson Bay. omg my legs hurt SOOOOO much after that. other than that i just like to shop everywhere, and laze on the beach, yeah and Fingal Bay rocks for bashing around in the surf

miss_m

HSC
I went to Shoal last year and this year I'm going back. It was pretty good but yeah there wasn't too much happening. You really had to make your own fun because we never woke up before 2 and by the time we were ready to go out most of the shops and stuff was closed. The public transport up there's pretty good cos last time we didn't have enough cars. There's a public pool somehwere up there which was pretty good.
Also the Bottle-o in shoal shut early some nights which was a little distressing.
And we met quite a few Schoolies people there, and heaps more in Nelson Bay.
Ahh it was great - can't wait to go back.

pmr_123

HSC
we have a group of us staying at Soldiers Point, just North of Nelsons, and a group in Nelsons and another at Anna bay, all in beach houses and apartments owned by family...
there really isn't a lot there... but then again you have to know where to look... and it depends on what you're into.
there are no clubs or anything like that, but there are bottlo's and you jsut stay at home and get pissed with your mates, or join the old fogies at the bowling club.
theres a mall at salamander bay, and a few shops at nelsons, and theres crap like toboggoning and go karts, for the inner child in us all
have fun, might see you there

DragonMC

HSC
What dates are everybody going?

Me and my mates, male, are looking at heading to Nelsons and it'll be cool if there are some girlies there lol

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
im going to anna bay! which is nearby.. should be nice as less than half the group is 18 oh well at least i am!

should maybe see you ppl? we are plannign to trip to different bay's around there. im going to be up there second week after HSC.

im so ready for a drink.

DragonMC

HSC
slinky_cumquat said:
im going to anna bay! which is nearby.. should be nice as less than half the group is 18 oh well at least i am!

should maybe see you ppl? we are plannign to trip to different bay's around there. im going to be up there second week after HSC.

im so ready for a drink.
What about some fun?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)