Nephron Question (1 Viewer)

jesshika

supreme being
im bit confused about the nehpron thing ..

like my teacher says that blood enters the glomerulus first via the renal artery at high pressure.
the high pressure blood pushes the substances in the blood (wastes..water...ionz) to the bowmans capsule ... leaving red bloos cells and platelets .. etcc at the glomeruli ...

so where do they go ? ...

is the glomeruli and the capilaries that are around the nephron tubules connected ???

correct mee if im wrong~~
onegai~~ -_-;
:rolleyes: :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
connected? nah i don't think so... they touch each other... and filtration occurs due to difusion and osmosis.

or do you mean the glomerulus connected to other capilaries from the vein? well it has to or else where do the blood go?

jesshika

supreme being
hEHeh Errrrr
dats wat i was getting confused about ~~ ...

yah the glomerulis to the vapilaries to the renal vein ..
they all connnected rite ? hehhehe

jesshika

supreme being
oh ekwlies man
thanxx ..

but doesn't filtration begin at the bowmans capsule???

wat s teh function of the glomeruls?

sorri if im annoying
hahaha i do that to my eacher all the tim

abdooooo!!!

Banned
bowman's capsule is a capsule that surrounds the glomerulus (a bunch of capilaries) named after mr/mrs bowman. this capsule is made of nephron tubule... in a round shape.

diffusion and osmoisis occurs between the capilaries and the nephron tubule.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
yea.. the glomerulus is the actual filteration unit in the Bowman's capusule.. the Bowman's capsule has absolutely no purpose.. its the glmerulus that does all the work..

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by queenie
yea.. the glomerulus is the actual filteration unit in the Bowman's capusule.. the Bowman's capsule has absolutely no purpose.. its the glmerulus that does all the work..
*nods head meaningfully yeah yeah

*turns around. hey queenie i thought u dropped bio:p

seeingas the bowmans capsule has no purpose, why not get rid of it?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
what the?? ahaha... funny.

bowman's capsule locks in the glomerulus to allow diffusion and osmosis to occur from glomerulus (capilaries) to the bowman's capsule (nephron tubules). you need both of them to filter you know... or else where does the stuff go??? lol

to get rid of bowman's capsule we must kill bowman first... umm... i wonder how we can do that...

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
what the?? ahaha... funny.

bowman's capsule locks in the glomerulus to allow diffusion and osmosis to occur from glomerulus (capilaries) to the bowman's capsule (nephron tubules). you need both of them to filter you know... or else where does the stuff go??? lol

to get rid of bowman's capsule we must kill bowman first... umm... i wonder how we can do that...
we should re-direct this question to the physics people perhaps? (hehee.. I did physics too! apparently time travel is not possible :p if abdoooooo, timmy and mito went together.. we could end up having two abdooooos, two timmies and two mitos.. in another dimension of course ;))

abdooooo!!!

Banned
lol. funny... twins eh... do you know what is the plural of mitochondria?

imagine if we build a time capsule together, and go back in time to find bowman still building his stupid capsule in 19xx... so we bash his head in. and we travel back to find this thread doesn't exist anymore. :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lol. funny... twins eh... do you know what is the plural of mitochondria?
uhm, motochondria would already be a plural isn't it?? singular bein motocondrium (??) =p blehz

queenie

HSC
the filtrate goes into the glomerculus u dum nut.. hence the name: "glomercular filtrate"

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by queenie
the filtrate goes into the glomerculus u dum nut.. hence the name: "glomercular filtrate"
are you calling me dumb??? :(

errr... i don't want to make you look stupid but do you do chemistry?!?!

i mean of course filtrate doesn't go anywhere except stay in the glomerulus capiliaries... thats why its called filtrate stupid :p

but its the solution which passes through that goes to the bowmans capsule (nephron tubules).

so to end my argument there must be a filtrate and a solution for filtration process to occur hence glomerulus and bowman's capsule is both needed. :)

queenie

HSC
are you calling me dumb??? :(

errr... i don't want to make you look stupid but do you do chemistry?!?!

i mean of course filtrate doesn't go anywhere except stay in the glomerulus capiliaries... thats why its called filtrate stupid :p

but its the solution which passes through that goes to the bowmans capsule (nephron tubules).

so to end my argument there must be a filtrate and a solution for filtration process to occur hence glomerulus and bowman's capsule is both needed. :)

2 things dummy... no wait, actually 3..
1) i DO do chemistry
2) u are stupid.. ask any person in here :p
and 3) nah please man, please make me look stupid, i dnt need ur sympathy

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by xiao1985
uhm, motochondria would already be a plural isn't it?? singular bein motocondrium (??) =p blehz
mitochondrion

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
mitochondrion
thx calculon... and wut's wif diggin up old threads these dayz??? n all of them r mockin me=p blehz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)