Nervous? (1 Viewer)

Chew me:)

HSC
IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NERVOUS to begin my ext, hist. aarrgghhhh soo much work!!! anyone else feel me? whats your objective for these holidays in correspondance to tyour major work?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Chew me:) said:
IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NERVOUS to begin my ext, hist. aarrgghhhh soo much work!!! anyone else feel me? whats your objective for these holidays in correspondance to tyour major work?
Just start ASAP so you can knock it out of the way early...I made mine drag on and on and on (i got like a term extension lol) and that just made it a nagging pain (as well as an excuse not to study and to use the computer to go on MSN during 'research').

In these holis last year my aim was to research what sources I needed, read most of them, summarise the key concepts to be explored (and in my case it was for the individual historian) and grab some golden quotes on the key concepts.

wallflower

HSC
According to my proposal, I'm meant to have my initial research, "including the stages of definition, selection and organization", completed by the end of these holidays.
I haven't started, yet.

w00dy.

HSC
a little. simply because our teacher hasnt given us any information on it yet, so we cant really start on anything concrete.

hopefully she will let us get started next term.

xinxin89

HSC
i've done some research on my topic - one question tho, do u basically paste every bit of information we get off the net into our log books? isn't that more like for the sake of "filling up space" rather than relecting, selecting, analysing information etc? i mean otherwise, how are we gonna fill up our log books? i've seen people from last years, they were hell fat...grr

zaqwerty

HSC
Woah.. We haven't been told ANYTHING about our project besides the fact that we are getting one and that it's going to be hard. They told us to do some work on it over the holidays but they have given us nothing to work with. I'm pretty sure what I'd like to focus on but I have no idea where to go from there. I'm nervous because I have to do this and my art major work. It's going to take a lot out of me...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
xinxin89 said:
i've done some research on my topic - one question tho, do u basically paste every bit of information we get off the net into our log books? isn't that more like for the sake of "filling up space" rather than relecting, selecting, analysing information etc? i mean otherwise, how are we gonna fill up our log books? i've seen people from last years, they were hell fat...grr
Every school approaches the log books differently. I had a simple one to do:)

It involved-

What I did: Read 'The Medieval Alexander' by George Cary.
What I found out: In the medieval period Cary believes that there were 4 main groups that shaped the portrayal of the man in the time. etc
Sources: Copied pages 10-25 of The Medieval Alexander, George Cary (Keep as reference)
What to do next time: Borrow Ian Worthingtons 'Man or God'

xinxin89

HSC
So basically we put into our logbooks anything we think of? even tiny lil details of like "i went to the libray today"? LITERALLY EVERYTHING??

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
xinxin89 said:
So basically we put into our logbooks anything we think of? even tiny lil details of like "i went to the libray today"? LITERALLY EVERYTHING??
HAHA the whole logging process became so pointless that I remember writing "I went to the library today" in my log book and sticking in library receipts just to fill up space. :) But this was only because my teacher judged us on how many log books we completed.

xinxin89

HSC
i find the whole loggin process too....umm forgetful. I get info from the library and all, but i always forget to jot down in the journal taht i did etc. just always forget to go back to the log book....meh in the end i'm gonna be like cramming a month's load of entries in like one nite.....so annoying GAH >.<

rissie

HSC
yeah i had this wonderful far-fetched plan that i would have all the research done by the end of the holidays.
i havent even begun my logbook.
i've got no idea where to start!
i have a topic idea, but just the idea of writing about how i came to the conclusion of choosing this topic...when i don't know! i'm interested in it!

argh. i'm spending too much time on ext 2 and drama and not enough on history ext :(

canned soup

HSC
As far as ext. history goesjust researching and checking off the list of things necessary for my proposal. I've ben concentrating on ext. 2 english for the past month and in the last three days I've just been writing insanely. I've just about finished!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)