nervous.... (1 Viewer)

daniel4592

HSC
hello, I attended the Orientation today, met no one :( and Im really nervous about starting on Monday, it seems really complicated with everything and Im feeling really bad that I dont know a single person in my course.
Is there anything positive to take out of this, or will I be going through 3 years of hell...

kagura

HSC
Don't worry, your tutorials will be one of the best places to become acquainted with your peers and making friends. It's more difficult during lectures on the other hand considering a lot of students tend to go in groups, or may attempt to camouflage themselves in the crowd lol.

Just remember; there are tons of students in your exact position! ;)

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I'm in the same boat as you, OP. I had a few chances to talk to new people, during the campus tour, and the orientation lecture, but for some reason, I got shy -__-
I do know some people (from my old school) going to my campus, but I think they're all doing different courses.

NotOneLess

HSC
Uni is what you make of it. Give yourself a week or two to get into the groove of things. The transition phase and uni life itself does take an emotional toll. You're not alone.

Besides at least you're not wasting time with people that might drop out anyway. If you still find yourself friendless throughout the semester just use it as study time.

Last edited:

scumm

HSC
hello, I attended the Orientation today, met no one :( and Im really nervous about starting on Monday, it seems really complicated with everything and Im feeling really bad that I dont know a single person in my course.
Is there anything positive to take out of this, or will I be going through 3 years of hell...
DaZzI?

lol, Uni won't be so bad. I don't know anyone in my course either, and didn't meet anyone at orientation, but I'm fairly sure things'll be fine. Just be friendly to people and people will be friendly to you (most probably. hehe).

VicerExciser

HSC
i deferred so i won't know anybody either, that and i don't even know how to get to any of my campuses.

fetiche

HSC
Look, you are 18 and you don't know how to make friends?

Just say Hi and introduce yourself, shit - why do you have to wait for other people to say hi? Chances are you look snobby and no one wants to talk to you.

What I'm saying is smile and be friendly and approach people, if they reject you then fuck them find another guy/girl to talk to.

daniel4592

HSC
Penrith campus, Health Science (PDHPE Education)

Ummm just wondering with this confusing timetable, where it says weeks all mine seem to say either 10- whatever number or 11 to a number, if next week is week 1 wth does it mean by 10 and 11?

scumm

HSC
Ummm just wondering with this confusing timetable, where it says weeks all mine seem to say either 10- whatever number or 11 to a number, if next week is week 1 wth does it mean by 10 and 11?
The timetable counts the weeks from the very beginning of the year (not relative to the beginning of the term like in school). So if you whip out your calendar and count down ten weeks from January 1st, should be March 1st (next week).

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Week 1 (first week of semester) is week 10. So your courses that say 10- start next week. Those which say 11- start the week of March 8th :)

RE: the making friends thing, I found it easiest to get to class a little early. Whoever sat next to me, I'd introduce myself, chat a bit. Always good to social network a little, especially when it comes to groupwork etc later on

Sam990

HSC
hey wixxy, of topic but as this is my first year of uni, is it possible you can do group work, assessments by yourself? i find it much easier individually

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Nope, you have to do it as a group. E.g. in Accounting Information for managers, you have to submit minutes of group meetings etc, part of your mark is how you worked in the group, etc. A LOT of first year subjects at UWS have group work components.

Bananaberry

HSC
I moved to Sydney to attend uni and knew NO ONE. You meet people in lectures and tutes. You do a lot of group work at uni so you meet people that way. Some people I met whilst doing group work for assignments are now some of my closest friends.

Rickbrah

HSC
RE: the making friends thing, I found it easiest to get to class a little early. Whoever sat next to me, I'd introduce myself, chat a bit. Always good to social network a little, especially when it comes to groupwork etc later on
this

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Yeah, I'm going to make more of an effort, once uni starts. But I'm not showing anyone my student ID photo (might scare off potential friends).

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, I'm going to make more of an effort, once uni starts. But I'm not showing anyone my student ID photo (might scare off potential friends).
Good conversation starter though!
*so, seen much of the uni? Omg I got my student ID the other day, lines were terrible and WORST photo!!!*

Joga Bonito

HSC
why areyou so nervous? you're 17/18/19 years old, at this age it shouldn't be hard for you to be able to start a conversation with someone and to make friends, its not like you're entering high school

mamoz

HSC
hey wixxy, wat course are u currentlyy doing btw :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)