Netball 2007!! (1 Viewer)

Loza33

HSC
There may already be a thread on this.. but if not... here it is!!

Netball 07.....

Any thoughts.. issues... etc!

We didn't play today, as for the rain!! That is ok, i didnt really want to play but i wanted to umpire.. the money is good!!

Not much else is happening on the netball front... I am not playing reps this year... and i want to be lazy at school on play in the c grade team or something, but they are making me play A grade... gr :mad:

I'm not sure how long i will be playing for... im not really supposed bevause my ankle is stuffed.. but hey... we have a bet going, as to how long i will last this season!! Last year i made it to mid way through the season... haha

Whats everyone else doing on the netball front?

shaaali

HSC
yeah my saturday game was cancelled too.

im umpiring for the first time on saturday too.... gahh.

AND my game is straight afterwards, and so im goin' to be real tired.

AND my team are all like in thier mid 20's (apart from two other girls who are in year 12).

blaaahhhh.

cccclaire

HSC
I got club member of the year last year or something for all the coaching/umpiring/playing I did.
This year they wanted me to umpire 6 games in a row and then play! I said no I'm not doing any umpiring this year, but I kinda miss the money.
My teams in division one, which sucks because all the other teams in our division have clubs that hold selections and they all have heaps of rep players, my team is just friends from primary school who wanted to keep playing together through high-school. So we get smashed every week =[

Loza33

HSC
That sucks!!

We had a practise game today, against some girls at school in a lower division and they killed us....

In all fairness, we were missing our regular GD, WA and C... but still :O:O

I have to play and then umpire this weekend.... grr!!

shaaali

HSC
okay, i need some umpring Qs answered.
please help.

well, you know how theres two umpires for each game, i would like to know which section of the court they are in charge of.

do they have one goal third, plus half of the center third?

sorry if this isnt making much sense...

Loza33

HSC
Hey, thats cool, okwell you go to your right!

So, you both start at centre circle, and say the team going to your right has the first centre then yoy blow the whistle, and follow down to the right goal circle, both umpires look after the centre third but you especially care for the right half and the area close to your side line. if the team going to your right scored last then you blow the next centre whistle, if the other team scored, the other umpire blows it!

While the other umpire looks after your left hand third, you need to constantly watch the game, for if the ball goes out on your sideline and it is unclear who knocked it out, you may be required to give the penalty!

Hope that helped at all!

shaaali

HSC
ok thanks...

i just came back home after upiring that game around 15 minutes ago.

now ive gotta get ready for my game at 3pm.

i have just one question. you know when the attacking team is shooting, and say the GS catches the ball and lands just behind of the GK, but they (the GK) were there before the GS, and the GS lands of they're feet or makes any contact of that type, who's penalty is it?

p.s- i cant believe how tiring umpiring is, im pooped!

cccclaire

HSC
shaaali said:
i have just one question. you know when the attacking team is shooting, and say the GS catches the ball and lands just behind of the GK, but they (the GK) were there before the GS, and the GS lands of they're feet or makes any contact of that type, who's penalty is it?
It should be a penalty against the GS, but a lot of people wouldn't call it.

I just had the most biased umpiring I've ever had. I got an official warning for swearing at the umpire, and usually I'm so good at holding my tongue, but I was fuming.
Every time we got it in our shooting quarter she'd call up something like "stepping" or "held ball" and it blatantly was not. Out of like the million times the ball came into our shooting third I got 4 attempts at shooting in the first quarter.
Anyway then I was put in defence and i got pulled up so many times for contact, when the shooter was blatantly contacting me by pushing me forward and then running back to catch a lob.
Most annoying thing was we lost by like 1 or 2 goals.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Netball - must be some sport... no body contact whatsover.. no dribbling... only stretching.... no jumping...no Fun... ?

Loza33

HSC
shaaali said:
ok thanks...

p.s- i cant believe how tiring umpiring is, im pooped!

It should be a penalty against the GS for they are contacting the GK but as claire said, only a good umpire would pull it up and sometimes it is hard to see!

Yea, umpiring is tiring! I have to umpire A grade, straight after my game, every saturday this season!! Grr!!

all4gsus

HSC
haha. i dont umpire... cause im not very good, but i'm one of those players that gets really annoyed when the umpires call the wrong thing... mind you, i'm a defense, so i dont get many calls my way... and playing the level i am, ur supposed to have good umpires, but you're never going to get perfect umpires...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)