• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

neuroscience major (1 Viewer)

dronee

HSC
N/A
hey guys,

i was planning to have neuroscience as one of my major, but when i was scrolling through the units i realised that they only give neuro units in 3rd year.
if you choose your major for second year, and it's not available in second year, how does that work?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A

dronee

HSC
N/A
thanks!
hmmm does this technically mean i technically won't have one major in the second year?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ No and yes, if you follow their guidelines/requirements for the major you will graduate with both your original major in PSYC and second major in NEUR on the academic transcript. Yes, it seems funny that they do not offer second year units but you are still a neuroscience major student if you can make your UoS fit with the requirements.

EDIT: GAARH! That did not make sense - scrap the last sentence of the above post. What I meant to point out was that though there are no UoS for NEUR in 2nd Year you're technically still a Neuroscience student as long as you'll be able to complete the set requirements for intermediate, senior and capstone (the ones that you are required in order to graduate under the major) units.

Last edited:

dronee

HSC
N/A
^ No and yes, if you follow their guidelines/requirements for the major you will graduate with both your original major in PSYC and second major in NEUR on the academic transcript. Yes, it seems funny that they do not offer second year units but you are still a neuroscience major student if you can make your UoS fit with the requirements.

EDIT: GAARH! That did not make sense - scrap the last sentence of the above post. What I meant to point out was that though there are no UoS for NEUR in 2nd Year you're technically still a Neuroscience student as long as you'll be able to complete the set requirements for intermediate, senior and capstone (the ones that you are required in order to graduate under the major) units.
haha awesome, that makes so much sense! thanks man!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
No problems, I am glad to help ~ now I have to get back to studying for law RAWR ~

jet

Banned
HSC
Most majors in science are 24 credit points of senior, I.e. third year, units of study. So you don't "get" a major until you graduate. They only assess whether you qualify for a major at the end of your last year when they assess whether you can graduate or not. In the case of neuroscience you have a few more requirements than just the 24 cp but the basic premise is the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)