Neverwinter Nights (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I just got the platinum edition on the weekend, and it is so addictive. Anyone else played this game or still plays it?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
I just installed it the other day. Played it for a bit. I like it. But still have to get used to walking properly and knowing how to use my abilities.

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
I just got the platinum edition on the weekend, and it is so addictive. Anyone else played this game or still plays it?
I don't like the way they fight :)

HSC
N/A
dude, its not a single player game.....

yeah i play NWN heavily - I love D&D and bioware

go to nwvault.ign.com and download modules

they have really really awesome ones

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'd go out on a limb and call NWN a bare-bones MMO with a single player game thrown in. I played on one of the online worlds and it was awesome. The funny thing is, platinum never worked properly on my computer (don't ask me why, the install was just borked).

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Riviet said:
What's the platinum edition? Is it an expansion? I only have the normal NWN, not so entertaining really...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
The other day I went to get some electronic equipments from Dicksmith and while there I happened to buy the Diamond edition of NWN from EB Games. I don't know why I bought it :confused: ...I don't know when will I get to play it [beside the fact that my PC doesn't have a DVD drive...installed it on my Laptop]

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Deltan said:
What's the platinum edition? Is it an expansion? I only have the normal NWN, not so entertaining really...
The Platinum Edition includes:

- the original Neverwinter Nights

- Shadows of Undrentide expansion pack

- Hordes of the Underdark expansion pack

- All game enhancements and updates (at the time)

- Developer-created game modules

- Collector's disc case

hipPo3

HSC
I got me Diamond edition. It contains every expansion.

The games soo massive .. the only thing i don't like about it would be the henchmen .. they don't listen to you and sometimes the get stuck and don't move.

Diablo 2 is quite addictive .. but it's too simple. NWN has soo many more ... actions.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hipPo3 said:
The games soo massive .. the only thing i don't like about it would be the henchmen .. they don't listen to you and sometimes the get stuck and don't move.
How many henchman can you hire? Because the maximum I can hire is only 1. :(

hipPo3

HSC
Riviet said:
How many henchman can you hire? Because the maximum I can hire is only 1. :(
it's only 1. But i have like .. 3 or 4 in the temple .. so if i need one for a particular job i just recall and go get him/her.

Most of the times the henchmen i use somehow get stuck on a door .. some gay gliche which pisses me off.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah I also have all my henchmen waiting in the temple. I recommend doing each of their quests as you get some experience and each of them gives you a useful item when you complete their separate quests. I think they let you into their story to trigger the quest when you're about lvl 5+.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Well... NWN was fun and all. But it is hardly how I would define an RPG.

Have you ever played games like Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Icewind Dale, KoTOR or VTM: Bloodlines? Those are the GOOD RPGs.

On that note, NWN2 will bloody rock! Take a look at some of the material regarding NWN2. It's like NWN1 times 100. That's like... NWN 100.

Coincidentally, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and KoTOR were done by the people who did NWN (Bioware). KoTOR 2 was done by the people who did IceWind Dale and Fallout 2 (Black Isle, now Obsidianent), and are doing NWN2, and who helped Bioware with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Further, VTM: Bloodlines was done by a portion of the team who did Fallout 1 (this team was called Interplay and the derivative was called Troika, but both of these teams have gone bankrupt), with another portion of this team becoming members of Black Isle, then Obsidianent.

What am I saying? I'm saying you should go buy and play those games!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I've played Baldur's Gate and KoTOR, both are also very addictive as I spent hours playing those. They all have their different gameplay styles and battle systems, which gives RPG's some nice variation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)