• Trinity

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Knox

Votes: 19 10.5%

• Total voters

Toby Buchanan

HSC
seremify007 said:
Btw not that I have anything against Kings- but I can't help but think; if the kid is going to Kings, the rents can't be too badly off right? I don't think you've seen anyone who isn't that financially well off- those farmerboys; at least their parents own a farm. By the same token, I probably haven't mixed with the ultra-elite of society- but hey, it's my loss.

I have a friend who didn't seem to understand the difference between upper and working class in society- we all went to a tutoring place, and one day, this person went up to the teacher and said "If you're so interested in all this technology stuff... why don't you buy some? Get a new phone.. get a PDA.." and so on... failing to realise that he was not as well off as he/she with the nice car, newest stuff, 4digit allowance, etc... I'm not saying that people at private schools are all like that- but sometimes I think they can be a tad insensitive to those who may not be that fortunate.
I don't know who it was that would say something like that, but I can assure you that people's wealth or lack there of is not an issue at King's. Some people are well off but you can't be critical of them just because of their parents' success. I agree that no school should be branded, there are many great sportsmen and academics in all areas that have come from both public and private schools in the past and will continue to do so in the future and I don't have anything against any school, just individuals. And to the high guy, I don't know why you're laughing at the person who was in 9th grade because your 2nds could even beat the King's 6ths XV...........

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Tobe do you even know who enoch is? Kings seems to spending their scholarship money pretty generously in order to get some decent students/sportsmen in the school. And there were no 2nds last year.........

megeggie

HSC
i agree - MLC goes nutso with pockets... i never put mine on lol
i live right behind kings - i have a good friend and as much as i love him, he has a typical attitude bred into him.
but as i said before - you cant classify a whole school!
if you were gonna do taht then i'd have to be asian - coz ive been told i go to an "asian" school
sorry people im not asian
and this thread is about private schools, so i dont get why the public school people are so worked up - why not start a thread about which is the best public school in sydney.

Toby Buchanan

HSC
sikeveo said:
Tobe do you even know who enoch is? Kings seems to spending their scholarship money pretty generously in order to get some decent students/sportsmen in the school. And there were no 2nds last year.........
What ever you call your 2nd best rugby team.. for a "smart" school it seems stupid to call that the 3rds..... And Bookie you are a loser

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
i would so dare u to say it to his face in real life....tobes would blink and u would piss ur pants.rofl

bookie ur just angry cos ur a faggot hu has an obseesion over some 2nd rate cricket player...ur a dude (or at least i hope so) for fuks sake...obsession to that extent is called homosexuality u stoopid man-bitch. this is the best private skools thread...chime out...wot r ur experiences of a private skool based on???40 mins every semester against one of their sporting teams??? ...i can see the comunication there esp in cricket...hahahh . u come in here and start verbal-bashing kings...sure there are some dikheads in kings...so wot? there are also some ppl that are dikheads at high JUST LIKE U!...doesnt mean all of high are dikheads..

and with that illiterate statement about kings being snobby...thats far from the truth...there are many ppl particularly the farmers that act like deros....i dont think there is one snobby person in the skool...

so wot if a few of their guys r rich?? they worked for it...u cant hate a person or his family for being successful in life just cos ur a failure and povo...

its just not possible to be cool like u bookie...we cant all be dikhead povo failures that have homosexual tendencies for cameron white

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
Btw not that I have anything against Kings- but I can't help but think; if the kid is going to Kings, the rents can't be too badly off right? I don't think you've seen anyone who isn't that financially well off- those farmerboys; at least their parents own a farm. By the same token, I probably haven't mixed with the ultra-elite of society- but hey, it's my loss.

I have a friend who didn't seem to understand the difference between upper and working class in society- we all went to a tutoring place, and one day, this person went up to the teacher and said "If you're so interested in all this technology stuff... why don't you buy some? Get a new phone.. get a PDA.." and so on... failing to realise that he was not as well off as he/she with the nice car, newest stuff, 4digit allowance, etc... I'm not saying that people at private schools are all like that- but sometimes I think they can be a tad insensitive to those who may not be that fortunate.
Word.

And Enoch, you need to learn how to structure your sentences, and perhaps, learn to spell. You're the one making stupid generalisations about public schools, and then when someone else makes a generalisation about Kings- you go off your nut. I have no idea what Bookie's sexual preferences have to do with anything, but do grow up.

If you love Kings, fine. But dnt say that people who dont go to private schools are of a lesser standard to you. And hmm, lol -im "sure" you don't know any snobby people, even Deus admitted there was. Plus, you're one snobby asshole yourself so obiovusly, there are snobs. Not all of them are snobs, but there are some.

Toby Buchanan

HSC
Bookie said:
You obviously dont have a sense of humour.
I didn't see any haha's, lol's or any signs of a joke from you..... Why would you expect him to take it as a joke??

Go Siyang! I didn't realise that was you before haha. That's what the high rivalry thing goes back to... Really I don't have anything against high, just people who talk shit about kings without knowing anything about it....

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, but you should interpret the Camron White thing as a joke [and if you knew me better I am a South African fan and I hope that Australias cricket future shits on itself]

Enoch

HSC
Bookie said:
No, but you should interpret the Camron White thing as a joke [and if you knew me better I am a South African fan and I hope that Australias cricket future shits on itself]
no ur just hiding behind a facade of sarcasm....but u noe its true that u have homoerotic fetishes for ugly looking second rate cricket players...ya faggot

and how does me being on a scholarship defeat ne purpose....OH Im sorry im not paying for skool fees...how does me thinking how good a skool is depend on whether or not i pay?...and btw i still pay for shit like 700 bux a term just for food and random stuff

and kimi...err...i came from sydney high ...i noe wot a public is like...and btw i liked sydney high

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, although you're on a scholarship, you're boasting about the elitism of Kings and how much overpowering they are over little schools like High. You didn't like High. You wouldn't have left then. But be the hot Kings boys that dragged you there eh?

Man, Cameron White is sexy.....

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Tobes said:
I didn't see any haha's, lol's or any signs of a joke from you..... Why would you expect him to take it as a joke??

Go Siyang! I didn't realise that was you before haha. That's what the high rivalry thing goes back to... Really I don't have anything against high, just people who talk shit about kings without knowing anything about it....
Well Enoch obviously didnt know shit about Public Schools in the first place to say uncalled things such as, they are uncultured. So he wouldnt know anything about it.

And i dnt care you went to Sydney High, just shows u have greater ignorance. If you did go to a public school, then why are you still accusing public students of being of a lesser standard to those who go to Private schools such as Kings? How many years did you go to Sydney High for and how many years are Kings? I dnt go to a public school and i know its damn stupid to go around making assumptions. If you went to a public school then why are you making accusations that are invalid? And dude, if you liked Sydney High then why are you making generalisations for all public schools? I was under the impression you said those who went to public schools were uncultured and didnt know anything about real life experiences, etc etc. No one cares what you have to say because you are absolutely hypocritical. You're a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

Enoch

HSC
bookie hwo da fuk do u noe if i liked high or not???u fukturd...i did like high...i took the scholarship cos i wanted to see something different.

and kimi ur just angry cos u goto a shit skool...not only can u not get into a decent selective skool but u cant even goto a decent private skool...heres a tissue go have a cry

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
You make me laugh. You don't know me, nor do you know whether or not i did get into a selective school or not- so stop making up accusations about people, who you obviously dont know. I actually love my school, and im merely arguing because i find your outlook on students who go to public schools is somewhat flawed: surely, you cant make generalisations about whether or not people who go to certain funded schools will be able to acheive certain goals in the 'real world'.

And for your information, i did get into a few selective schools. So whatever your point was, get over it. I never wanted to go to a private school because if there are people like you there, who cant even construct a decent sentence together and reply with a logical comeback, then id rather go to a "shit" school.

And heres a tissue, go have a cry and think of a better comeback you fucking loser.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
enoch said:
and kimi ur just angry cos u goto a shit skool...not only can u not get into a decent selective skool but u cant even goto a decent private skool...heres a tissue go have a cry
What is your definition of a "decent" selective high school then?

Btw I'm inclined to agree with kimi- I don't appreciate your generalisations about govt. school students being less cultured and if anything, you epitomise the 'snob' which private schoolers are stereotyped to be. Goals are a subjective and qualitative thing- there's no way to measure whether or not someone is successful in an easy fashion because not everybody is motivated by UAI or money- who's to say that someone who (for example), fails to get into med, has an epiphany and ends up becoming a hugely successful investment banker isn't considered successful?

I know a few private schoolers who are decent people, intelligent, knowledgable, and successful in their own right (come to think of it- one of my mates got into EY from a priv school), but there are also those few who let the money/exclusivity factor get to their heads and overinflating their ego- or just making them somewhat insensitive to those from lower socioeconomic classes (refer to previous story). No, I'm not going to generalise- I'm sure there are private school and selective high school snobs (rofl.. like me?) but to generalise about more than a third of the state (I have no idea of the numbers in priv/govt. schools but I'm pretty sure both have more than a third) is rather foolish and stupid- especially if you are basing that stereotype/generalisation on the few people you know from those sectors of society.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
enoch said:
bookie hwo da fuk do u noe if i liked high or not???u fukturd...i did like high...i took the scholarship cos i wanted to see something different.

Well, you left, so you obviously did not like it as much as you could. 'Trying something new' is such a bullshit answer. You just wanted to be your your mind was, in the snobbish elitist world.

And how can you say that Kimi didnt get into a 'decent selective school'. Unless you live under her bed and have scabbed all the letters that have come to her house since Year 6, then you wouldn't really know, would you.

kimi said:
And i dnt care you went to Sydney High, just shows u have greater ignorance.
What the fuck are you implying there?

seremify007 said:
What is your definition of a "decent" selective high school then?

Btw I'm inclined to agree with kimi- I don't appreciate your generalisations about govt. school students being less cultured and if anything, you epitomise the 'snob' which private schoolers are stereotyped to be. Goals are a subjective and qualitative thing- there's no way to measure whether or not someone is successful in an easy fashion because not everybody is motivated by UAI or money- who's to say that someone who (for example), fails to get into med, has an epiphany and ends up becoming a hugely successful investment banker isn't considered successful?

I know a few private schoolers who are decent people, intelligent, knowledgable, and successful in their own right (come to think of it- one of my mates got into EY from a priv school), but there are also those few who let the money/exclusivity factor get to their heads and overinflating their ego- or just making them somewhat insensitive to those from lower socioeconomic classes (refer to previous story). No, I'm not going to generalise- I'm sure there are private school and selective high school snobs (rofl.. like me?) but to generalise about more than a third of the state (I have no idea of the numbers in priv/govt. schools but I'm pretty sure both have more than a third) is rather foolish and stupid- especially if you are basing that stereotype/generalisation on the few people you know from those sectors of society.
Well put.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)