New "Cambridge" 4U "book" used by Grammar and NSGH (1 Viewer)

BobbyBob

HSC
Does anyone have scans of the 4U text notes that are used by Sydney Grammar?
I've seen booklets of it floating around from a student at North Sydney girls, apparently selected schools were sent copies of it, i'm assuming to sample or proof read? Maybe they bought it?

I had a look at the complex numbers notes, and they were pretty good and well set out. There were a vast variety of questions grouped into difficulties i.e like the 3U cambridge.

The setup and font looks excatly like the 3U cambridge except with 4U content.

Would be great if someone can scan the notes out.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I saw the "Complex Numbers" section a few days ago from my 4U student. Very nice layout and easy-to-read font and appears very good overall. I like it.

But why would Cambridge or anyone publish it if Maths Ext 2 may be phased out before long, when the new National Curriculum is adopted.

Last edited:

Fred2013

HSC
When is new curriculum phased in?
Where can i find a copy of the syllabus ?

braintic

HSC
N/A
When is new curriculum phased in?
Where can i find a copy of the syllabus ?
No decisions have been made yet about when the new curriculum will begin in NSW.
The national syllabus has been finalised and can be found here:
http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/

NSW will make its own syllabus based on the Australian Syllabus, but they have not begun yet.
They can add other topics to the national syllabus if there is room to fit them in.
From talk I've been hearing, they might cover the unwanted material at a very elementary level, leaving room to keep as many of the current topics as possible.

I can't see the new curriculum being tested in the HSC before 2017 at the absolute earliest.

billym

HSC
No decisions have been made yet about when the new curriculum will begin in NSW.
The national syllabus has been finalised and can be found here:
http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/

NSW will make its own syllabus based on the Australian Syllabus, but they have not begun yet.
They can add other topics to the national syllabus if there is room to fit them in.
From talk I've been hearing, they might cover the unwanted material at a very elementary level, leaving room to keep as many of the current topics as possible.

I can't see the new curriculum being tested in the HSC before 2017 at the absolute earliest.
One of the conditions of the Gonski reform is to implement changes to all senior courses via the Australian Curriculum by 2018.

Web Addict

HSC
My teachers keep talking about how the new Australian Cirriculum is going to be tested for the 2015 HSC.

iBibah

HSC
Doesn't it start for year 7 and 9 either next year or the year after ?

HSC
lol 2015...the bos nsw isn't having any of it. they should just make the nsw syllabi the national ones and then just make improvements to them

braintic

HSC
N/A
Lol. So, you're definitely sure that it won't be implemented yet?
To be tested for the 2015 HSC, it has to start in 2014 year 11.
As they haven't even begun to write the NSW version of the syllabus, this would be impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)