new delta single (2 Viewers)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
the tenth!?

i heard it on 2day, nova & mix on friday :p

and apparantly channel ten is going to have some program on the "comeback of delta" and her new single. :rolleyes: its not that i don't think she's a good singer BUT it's delta this, delta that....

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
whenever i think of delta i think of a map of egypt where the nile goes into the sea

is that the subliminal marketing kicking in?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know people who heard the song on friday, so yeah the 10th seems very wrong

i think she's marketed wholesomely to the people who don't know better. i see her as a typical teen/young adult.

nesstar

i don't get why noone seems to like her...
although i agree that this song isn't as good as the songs on the first album
but the thing i love most about Delta is that i can listen to the whole Innocent Eyes album coz i like every song - i dun think i can say that about ne other album I own....

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I think it's just the fact that she is everywhere and is the only Aussie artist who gets mentioned so many times.

nesstar

yeah...it does get annoying that she's everywhere, but I don't think that's her fault either...
yes, she got sick...which wasn't her fault...and yes, she got herself a famous bf...but I don't think she (or most ppl) would enjoy having their lives plastered everywhere by the media...particularly if they're sick...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Nobody said it was her fault LOL. It's just the fact of the matter and also her music might not be everyone's cup of tea.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
What!?!?

leathaface said:
It doesn't really sound like her tho...
Not a fan of Delta, but she's the only Australian artist that I really respect.
You're joking right??!? She's the ONLY australian artist? Not even!!! ...lets say, off the top of my head, MISSY HIGGINS (whom I have fallen in love with), pj harvey, powderfinger, jet, 1200 techniques, john butler trio, motorace, superjesus, abby dobson, the vines, the beautiful girls, pete murray, grinspoon, tina arena, christina anu, frenzal rhomb, the living end, maeder, thirsty merc, mandy kane, sleepy jacksons, bodyjar, butterfly effect, magic dirt, eskimo joe, cat empire, the whitlams, gyroscope, after the fall, best kept secret, regurgitator, killing heidi, ben folds, lotel, amiel, crowded house, jerk, the avalanches ... even ACDC!?!?

You gotta love acdc.

DONT TELL ME you don't like ACDC!?!

Judging from the above, I think Australian music has a lot to offer!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i like the new song, it will grow on everyone the more they hear it

alman

It certainly won't grow on me. All you have to do is not tune into Channel 10 or listen to commercial radio. It's so simple. There's a lot more to Australian music than people like Delta, Guy, etc.

Give me people with passion, not heads for dollars.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sarah168 said:
err Pj Harvey isnt either...
isn't she??? i swore she was. Well hey. I've got enough evidence right there though to say that Aussie music has alot to offer.

MouNtY

i think delta is great and i like her music...i like the new single, theres something about the way it sounds that just makes me think 'whoa'....it sounds really old, thats probably why i like it...i like music from the 70's and stuff....i dunno if you can call that old though....but anyhow, yeah i like the new single

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sarah168 said:
ahhh no. PJ Harvey is NOT Australian.
Um. way to go at repeating yourself. *points to what i said before* I said WOW REALLI!?!? OH WELL I HAVE ENUF EVIDENCE THAT AUSSIE MUSIC IS GREAT ANYWAY!!!!

I hate repetition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)