New Dragons and Eels chant! (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Yeah, because it was the SUPPORTERS' choice to merge the two clubs. Like you don't think there are always arguments about the Joint Venture among the fans. In fact, go to WORL right now and look at some of the heated discussion about it.

Dude, if it were up to me, I'd want to become the St George Dragons again. But it's clearly NOT up to me, nor is it up to any any one of the tens of thousands of other St George Illawarra supporters.

And I'm not going to sit here saying we didn't choke again. Because we did.

Losers? Hehe, I don't mind taking that tag if we win 17 of 26 games during the season.

In fact, we haven't lost to our little brother Cronulla mates for ages. By the time we next play the Sharks, it will have been a three year gap since they last beat the Dragons. It's a real shame that they can play their second best game of the season (but best on effort and heart), and the referee Tony Archer can use a 6 metre-long "10 metres", AND we can play one of our worst games of the season ... but still win.

Looks like Cronulla are the losers here, Bookie. I may support a team which consistently seems to lose in the Finals, but at least I support a team that regularly manages to get there.

Time is really starting to catch up with both clubs. For Cronulla, 2006 will mark the 40th year of having an empty trophy cabinet. For St George Illawarra, a 27th straight year of the same situation beckons, but at least they are in with a chance of winning the Premiership again. I would sure hate to be supporting a team with the knowledge before the season starts that it is beyond the conceivable realms of possibility that their team can win the title.

Anyway, as you will have noticed, attacking the merger seems to touch a nerve with me. In any case, whether they be the St George Dragons or the St George Illawarra Dragons, they are still better than the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.
If St. George have so many fans, why coudnt they have a say. Surely it would be in the clubs best interests. Couldn't have been a financial problem with 90% Sydney behind you. Scabbing the likes of Barrett maybe?

I dont like Worl, and prefer my league time to be spent on LU, bu I get your point.

You havent lost to us consdering only 1 out of the last 5 have actually been at Shark Park, and in a local derby, the home ground advantage is at its highest point. Oh and the final was won by one try. Barretts forward pass try, that is.

Other than 2003 and 2004, the Sharks pretty much made the top 4 each year for the last decade. Now thats pretty consistent and it was only with the inroduction of Opes that we fucked up for those two years. I didnt see Illawarra in the finals that often.

How can you say the Dragons are within chance of winning the premiership again? They are finals chokers and are just as bad as the Sharks at this. The Swans took 72 years and Norths Bears took about 55 as well. So give us another couple of years. And if so many of ou players werent poached by neighbouring clubs (*cough* Best *cough* Youngquest *cough* Firman), we would have some good depth.

They will never be better than the Sharks until they can win a premiership before the Sharks. Till then, they are both on a level playing field.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
If St. George have so many fans, why coudnt they have a say. Surely it would be in the clubs best interests. Couldn't have been a financial problem with 90% Sydney behind you. Scabbing the likes of Barrett maybe?

I dont like Worl, and prefer my league time to be spent on LU, bu I get your point.

You havent lost to us consdering only 1 out of the last 5 have actually been at Shark Park, and in a local derby, the home ground advantage is at its highest point. Oh and the final was won by one try. Barretts forward pass try, that is.

Other than 2003 and 2004, the Sharks pretty much made the top 4 each year for the last decade. Now thats pretty consistent and it was only with the inroduction of Opes that we fucked up for those two years. I didnt see Illawarra in the finals that often.

How can you say the Dragons are within chance of winning the premiership again? They are finals chokers and are just as bad as the Sharks at this. The Swans took 72 years and Norths Bears took about 55 as well. So give us another couple of years. And if so many of ou players werent poached by neighbouring clubs (*cough* Best *cough* Youngquest *cough* Firman), we would have some good depth.

They will never be better than the Sharks until they can win a premiership before the Sharks. Till then, they are both on a level playing field.
Well, when Souths got readmiited, don't think for a second that they were all Souths supporters rallying. It was half of the NRL supporters rallying for them. I doubt you'd find half of all the supporters of the game supporting the move back to St George Dragons.

The merger was definitely a kick in the guts for all Dragons fans. We believe that we can stand-alone without Illawarra. After all, we used to take most of their best players anyway. Craig Young (a Dragons legend) originally came from Illawarra himself.

Next year we'll have you in two fixtures, because we're in different Pools. We both have a home game. In 2004 we beat you 42-10 at Shark Park. But in 2004 your team totally sucked.

I know that Sharks have made the Finals regularly. I just thought it would sting more saying that they don't make it :p But when you think about, Cronulla choke just as bad as the Dragons do. Lost in the Prelim Final in 2002, Lost Grand Finals ... but their crowning glory was leading 8-0 at halftime of the Preliminary in 1999, only to be chopped down by the Mundine show. Dragons (6) 24 def. 8 (1) Sharks. Were you there that day? I was sitting right in the corner where Mundine scored his third try and did the backflips.

Oh, you recognised the exact same point in the next paragraph. Haha.

Colin Best went to England, as you well know. Youngquest wanted to come to the Dragons ... to eventually play Premier League. From memory, he's going to Penrith next season? And Firman ... hehehe. Still a one-season wonder in my eyes. He's been solid at the Cowboys without being amazing like he was with us in 2003.

But that last point is pretty valid. I'd still like to say that we're a good 13 years ahead of you, though :D

Bookie

Banned
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Well, when Souths got readmiited, don't think for a second that they were all Souths supporters rallying. It was half of the NRL supporters rallying for them. I doubt you'd find half of all the supporters of the game supporting the move back to St George Dragons.

The merger was definitely a kick in the guts for all Dragons fans. We believe that we can stand-alone without Illawarra. After all, we used to take most of their best players anyway. Craig Young (a Dragons legend) originally came from Illawarra himself.

Next year we'll have you in two fixtures, because we're in different Pools. We both have a home game. In 2004 we beat you 42-10 at Shark Park. But in 2004 your team totally sucked.

I know that Sharks have made the Finals regularly. I just thought it would sting more saying that they don't make it But when you think about, Cronulla choke just as bad as the Dragons do. Lost in the Prelim Final in 2002, Lost Grand Finals ... but their crowning glory was leading 8-0 at halftime of the Preliminary in 1999, only to be chopped down by the Mundine show. Dragons (6) 24 def. 8 (1) Sharks. Were you there that day? I was sitting right in the corner where Mundine scored his third try and did the backflips.

Oh, you recognised the exact same point in the next paragraph. Haha.

Colin Best went to England, as you well know. Youngquest wanted to come to the Dragons ... to eventually play Premier League. From memory, he's going to Penrith next season? And Firman ... hehehe. Still a one-season wonder in my eyes. He's been solid at the Cowboys without being amazing like he was with us in 2003.

But that last point is pretty valid. I'd still like to say that we're a good 13 years ahead of you, though
Knew you'd use the Souths example. Fair enough.

Yes, in 2004 our team did suck but we were still had a good chance of making the 8 in Round 26. Only to be psuhed down to 11th.

In 1999, I did not exist.

So you may be 13 years ahead of us. But when we lift the trophy in 2007, I can assure you that you will not get one before 2020.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Mr Muscles said:
geez i didnt intend to offend anyone....whoever thought the truth could hurt?
it wasnt the pointing out that we chocked, it was the teasing and chants (and even a picture) that we (well me) took offence.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hehe talking to Kim and my best friend Shelly on MSN. I would venture to say that holiday life is best spent staying up until 3am and waking at midday.

And no, I didn't ... should I have? Not even sure what it's about, actually :(

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hehe talking to Kim and my best friend Shelly on MSN. I would venture to say that holiday life is best spent staying up until 3am and waking at midday.

And no, I didn't ... should I have? Not even sure what it's about, actually :(
ahh thats what holidays are about...

anyway back on topic, you still havent told us who you support muscles...

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No the best part of the holidays are going to sleep at normal time THEN waking up at midday.

Arrested Development is just funny shit.

Now, back to Muscles - I believe he supports either the Raids or the Warriors, or the Rorts or the Wogs, or the Cowboys. 5/15 = 1/3. One ofthe 5 teams better be correct.

Mr Muscles

HSC
N/A
FOR THE SHARKS FANS

Breaking News:

* The Sharks' training was cancelled the other day due to a suspicious white powder found on the field. After calling the police and having the substance inspected it was discovered this substance was in fact the try line. Training resumed as it was assumed the Sharks would never encounter this substance again.

* Stuart Raper took the Sharks out for a training run on Wednesday and first up he told everyone to assume their normal position. So they all went and stood behind the goalposts and waited for the conversion.

* Osama Bin Laden has appeared on Iraqi TV this morning to quell rumours of his death in an explosion in Baghdad yesterday. To prove that the appearance was not pre-recorded, Osama stated that he "watched the rugby on the weekend and the Sharks were crap." UK, US, and Australian government officials have dismissed the report, saying it could have happened any time over the past 39 years.

......Hope you liked the dessert!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
WTH. I distinctively recall some other idiot doing the same EXACT thing. Dnt repeat, you're just making yourself look bad. Same Lame Jokes, you're not funny anymore.

Last edited:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Mr Muscles said:
FOR THE SHARKS FANS

Breaking News:

* The Sharks' training was cancelled the other day due to a suspicious white powder found on the field. After calling the police and having the substance inspected it was discovered this substance was in fact the try line. Training resumed as it was assumed the Sharks would never encounter this substance again.

* Stuart Raper took the Sharks out for a training run on Wednesday and first up he told everyone to assume their normal position. So they all went and stood behind the goalposts and waited for the conversion.

* Osama Bin Laden has appeared on Iraqi TV this morning to quell rumours of his death in an explosion in Baghdad yesterday. To prove that the appearance was not pre-recorded, Osama stated that he "watched the rugby on the weekend and the Sharks were crap." UK, US, and Australian government officials have dismissed the report, saying it could have happened any time over the past 39 years.

......Hope you liked the dessert!
haha, still havent told us who you support...what are you hiding...

that pictures been shown before your a bit late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)