new e-learning (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
It's great:)

Unable to locate the page you requested

If you continue to experience problems please contact the Server Administrator.

L

LaraB

i dont like it..

atm you still have to click on a link to return to webct and apparently not all stuff will be on campus edition yet this semester...

I'd rather they just fixed up WebCt :p It's slow to load compared to webct.

Oh and Ari - that's probably because you're going thru a link in ur browser's "memory". If you just type in elearning.uws.edu.au fresh it'll go to the right page :)

EDIT:
And since as usual someone has a problem with this post :rolleyes: i will clarify...

I mean that it would have been better it they had just fixed it all, not have the two running simultaneously because it is frustrating having to go through campus edition to get back to old webct because the new one's so slow.

It would have been far better if they just fixed it over our long break so it could be rolled out in one go, or at the very least do liek MySR and do it college by college or something of that sort so at least bunches of people would have consistency.

Dunno if this is possible or not but given the way lecturers were talking about it it sounds like it would have been possible to put it off until the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
i dont like it..

atm you still have to click on a link to return to webct and apparently not all stuff will be on campus edition yet this semester...

Oh and Ari - that's probably because you're going thru a link in ur browser's "memory". If you just type in elearning.uws.edu.au fresh it'll go to the right page :)
Thanks, Lara.
I don't get the point of the new page:p

Is anyone having Java problems? I installed the new Java yesterday and today i'm getting the message from yesterday again.

Last edited:

j_davo24

HSC
LaraB said:
That is exactly what they have done. The old version of webCT was well passed it's use-by date and so now they have upgraded to the new edition (which is completely different due to the makers of webCT merging with the makers of blackboard used by other universities). They couldn't 'fix it up' without changing to a new edition, as content gets loaded on people will get used to it.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
That is exactly what they have done. The old version of webCT was well passed it's use-by date and so now they have upgraded to the new edition (which is completely different due to the makers of webCT merging with the makers of blackboard used by other universities). They couldn't 'fix it up' without changing to a new edition, as content gets loaded on people will get used to it.
blah blah blah

What i meant was not having the two running simultaneously. Lecturers had been whinging that this could have and should have been done over summer break so there would have been sufficient time to just have everything on the new one.

That way there would just have been the new one rather than the old one that apparently is inadequate but yet is still having to be used by some, as well as the new one. In effect it serves the same purpose as much of MySR at the moment - a page that you go to, to get back to the pages you would otherwise have been able to go to directly...

Not to mention the fact that first years are lost enough as it is and don't need to have multiple systems going when they have enough problems navigating the old simple to use webct. Same goes for some lecturers actually...

Jiga

Its all good while your saying that in your armchair LaraB but Im sure its not easy switching over. They are phasing it in, I have no problems with what they are doing and so far it hasnt had a negative effect on what Ive needed to do on WebCT. And people having difficulties, unless your retarded navigating is prity much exactly the same as the old one and even if you have problems, there is help available.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
has anyone else noticed just how much slower campus edition runs in comparison to webct?
it shouldnt take longer to load pages on it with a brodband connection than it did to load webct pages on dial up.

tubtub

HSC
dont like it-too many features. the old one was better-very simple, easy as pie

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
Hey... has anyone got any units up on web-ct/e-learning yet? I haven't got any and uni starts tomorrow!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
yeh im having the same problem. i also dont know which texts to buy. According to the co op bookshop i need $600 worth of stuff just for criminal law. I need the unit outlines so i can tell which are prescribed and which are recommended.
Only the first 2 books are texs, the other $400 are recommended

My books cost me $497 this semester

*robs bank to pay for textbook addiction*

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I only have ARD up...thats pretty poor imo considering classes start 2morro

poolfreak

HSC
ive only got 2 out of 4 units up...i dont like this new webct, i mean it looks flashy and everything but there are like too many functions...

i prefer the old one, that was easy to use and i didnt think it was bad at all...and it didnt take that long to load up as well...:confused:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
yeh im having the same problem. i also dont know which texts to buy. According to the co op bookshop i need $600 worth of stuff just for criminal law. I need the unit outlines so i can tell which are prescribed and which are recommended.
You only need these two as the status is text, the rest are recommended.

Title: Criminal Laws Materials & Commentary On Criminal Law & Process In Nsw
Author: Brown Et Al
Notes: Availability*: Available
Member Price: $112.50
Price: $125.00 Add to Basket

Title: Annotated Criminal Legislation Nsw (2007)
Author: Act ( Howie & Johnson )
Notes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)