New Engineering Subjects 2008 (1 Viewer)

MoNNiE

HSC
I don't know if there are that many people who still exist on these board in 4th year!

BUT!

I'm already dreading the new subject change over next semester! No more Structural Design 1 & 2 - just concrete design & steel and timber!

argh!

and they've moved transport from 5th yr to 2nd year!

But the one thing I like is EFS's new name : Interrogating Technology: Sustainability, Environment and Social Change - now i thought Engineering for Sustainability was bad until i saw that!

enough ranting from me :)

remember to study hard for your exams :)

MoNNiE

HSC
its just the difference in subject content

SD1 (Now known as Concrete design) covers Reinforced and Pre-Stressed Concrete Design whilist SD1 (Steel and Timber Design) Covers Steel and timber..

both subjects rely on the use of HB2.2... I DO suggest you make the investment and buy it! because you'll definately be scribbing in it (though your not meant to!)

both subjects require practice -- its not roat learning..

Yes, I know IT:SEC is the same as EFS.. I was just amazed with the name they decided to give it!

True Transport isn't.. and i can't seem to enrol into it..argh!

but anyways.. last year of Engineering!! Yay!

rockets

HSC
N/A
I have heard they are thinking of dropping electromechanical systems subject from mech eng degree! HAS anyone heard or know anything about this AND when it will happen????????

L

lucky

*sigh*.. good to be back...

who cares..

civil engineering is not even a real engineering degree...

u guys cant even deal with things that move.. haha.. :p

blay.tenshi

HSC
N/A
heard they were gonna make electronics n circuits easier or is that circuit analysis? that thing had an 80% fail rate or something hahahahahah sheeeeeiiiittt

L

lucky

thats right... they are gonna include a new subjects called fundmentals of electrical engineering..

in 1.5 years time, EE @ uts is going to be really tough...

i am currently in my 5th of my EE degree and i must say its a good move, currently the subjects offered @ uts are pretty damn sh**t and fields such as power and microelectronics and not covered properly... which is a real shame..

blay.tenshi

HSC
N/A
mannnnn.......there'll be so little electrical engineers now :S the course is hard enough as it is now :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)