New forum style "bugs" (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Okay i've noticed the style of the forums have been changed (upgraded with advert links so conveniently placed as like the 2nd post and more smileys).

I'm using Firefox 1.5 and found some "glitches" or "bugs" with it

1. Quick Reply button doesn't work, posts can only be done the "slow way".
2. Smiley buttons in the Post New Thread page doesn't work, click on them doesn't make the smiley string to be written in message.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I'm using Firefox 1.5 too. Quick reply doesn't work for me either, and the fancy new edit feature (where the edit box appears in the thread itself without loading a new page, check in Internet Explorer if you don't know what I mean) doesn't go.

However, on another vBulletin 3.5.3 board I frequent, Quick reply and the edit feature work in Firefox 1.5. It's odd, to say the least....

EDIT: Hang on, it's all working now... both Quick Reply and Edit Box. Thanks to whoever fixed it! :D

I_F

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I'm now using the IE Tab feature from firefox extension. The quickreply does work and so too the smileys.

Firefox users should go here to install IE Tab. It's a brilliant IE "emulator" inside firefox (give it 5 stars!!!)

Last edited:
HSC
im also using firefox 1.5 and i can't use tabbing... when i attempt to tab a link, it opens up a tab, but also loads on the previous tab.

bit annoying.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just tested it now seems to be working fine.

You have to click the 'Quick reply to this message' next to the Quote button then you should be able to use quick reply posting.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
That's because whenever you click on a "box" now on the main page, it loads up the forum - not just if you click on a link. I ran into that a few times. You have to be more accurate with your clicks and you should be fine. It's annoying on a laptop, though. :p

I_F

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Make sure you do a Ctrl + F5 refresh of the forums, should flush any old problems away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)