New Honda Civic (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm i still haven't had my boot lining done yet.. is it any good shimian?

For those who don't know- there was a recall.

Shimian

HSC
I like it..much better than the metal. Also when I close it, it feels a little heavier so you dont get that hollow feel. I love it so much, im going to get the hinges done for $80 next week. I reckon it might help ur sub sound deeper :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL the honda ppl all told me that my sub is gonna weaken the structure of the car and make it creak...

I do agree that I don't like the hollow feel when shutting the boot... it makes it feel a bit flimsy esp if you have a spoiler on it. But then conversely, my cousin had a heavy heavy spoiler and it made the boot impossible to open one handed.

Shimian

HSC
lol, i guess you can always take the lining off if ur sub sound isnt up to ur standards. Honda knows how to make money. Sell everything in parts. Oh well, I have a budget for the total cost of my car and its not there yet. But then again, i still dont have my rims or sound system. It will end up very close. Hope the $80 wont bite me in the ass :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
So $80 to get the hinges insulated as well... Hmm... I've seen the gear for sale on sgcarstyling but never really cared for it. Still debating about the free boot lining though.

Shimian

HSC
CollegehillsHonda in the US is selling it for $72US exluding shipping. But thats only for parts, no labor. So for $80, i think its money well spent considering you need to do some drilling to fit the hinges. If you dont want the hinges, then its FREE. But it will look incomplete.
Im so used to it now, everytime I open my boot, I get excited looking at the lining :) . Maybe its just a phase.
Here r some pics of what it looks like

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely looks good with the lining... but I'm too cheap to spend on it. Rather use the money on something more... noticeable.

Shimian

HSC
seremify007 said:
Definitely looks good with the lining... but I'm too cheap to spend on it. Rather use the money on something more... noticeable.
The lining is free for all VTI-L & Sport models. Its only the hinge that cost $80. Atleast get the lining installed, im pretty sure you wont regret it. If you hate it, you could always remove it. I use my boot a fair bit so I find it noticeable. Since I know your a good DIY person, maybe buy the parts only ($30) and install it yourself?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry for ambiguity- I meant to say I'm too cheap to spend on the hinge even though it looks good with the lining.

LOL and I'm not DIY. Apart from the exterior mods which were easy to do since they were either stick-on, snap-in or in some way.. required no actual drilling/hole-creating, they worked well. Sound system was done by Lifestyle.

Shimian

HSC
lol, its a free lining, i like everything free from Honda. So far, I received the lining, a calendar, some tissues packaged in Honda wrapping and a Honda tin container filled with candy :rofl:
One down side to the boot lining if you want to do it yourself. The bottom 2 corners require drilling to attach. If you do it yourself, you can secure everything by just screwing or snap-on, but will leave the 2 corners flapping. Those corners are for the hinges to go over the top. I guess if you dont want yours, just grab it off them and sell it on ebay :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Shimian said:
lol, its a free lining, i like everything free from Honda. So far, I received the lining, a calendar, some tissues packaged in Honda wrapping and a Honda tin container filled with candy :rofl:
One down side to the boot lining if you want to do it yourself. The bottom 2 corners require drilling to attach. If you do it yourself, you can secure everything by just screwing or snap-on, but will leave the 2 corners flapping. Those corners are for the hinges to go over the top. I guess if you dont want yours, just grab it off them and sell it on ebay :)
I got jilted. Got none of those freebies! I even heard someone got a free Honda bear!

CieL

HSC
Why do you get so many freebies?

I just got a 06 honda street directory.......... even the 07 civic didnt come with anything....

Shimian

HSC
WHATTTT!!!! You got a Honda street directory? Ill trade u all my freebies for it and ill even throw in some steak knives :)

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
hahahhahah @ Shimian
I'll let you photocopy it, okay?

Ohhhkay... *ignores Bank$'s comment*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)