• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New 'I want to buy a laptop' Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
pete_mate said:
bringbackshred said:
The problem with dell for me is that they suck with graphics cards, hence my F3JP, which is amazing.
/QUOTE]

lucky for dell, most consumers dont know wtf a graphics card is. Means they can say that an inspiron 12345 has "High Performance Graphics" when it doesnt even have a graphics card.

look!, i got a pentium 4 with hyper-threading technology!! hyperthreading!! from dell

In a market where it is difficult for the average consumer to learn about what they're actually buying, dell unethically exploits this.
There's a reason why Dell is highly customisable.

I still love my Dell. And it's graphics card.

Collin

HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:
*cough* exploding batteries *cough*
LOL. Now you're just being an idiot. Tell me now, who makes the batteries? Didn't you know that Dell didn't make them, or are you just ignoring that fact in order to facilitate another biased response of yours.

Don't take this personally, but see my point ages ago about shonky tech salesman? The target of that comment was towards others, but I'm gonna extend that to you now. Bias overload.

Oh, and incase you didn't know (and you probably didn't), Apple, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Hitachi and Sony all had battery recalls after Dell's asploooosion. A few Apples were documented to have exploded aswell. Of course though, you'd never acknowledge that since you're too busy hating Dell.

As for Dell taking 2 months to replace a laptop which had a faulty battery, is that just empty biased rhetoric from you again?

You probably won't reply directly, as usual. Heres your strategy: Label out some rather stupid remark, then run away for a few days and come back with some new remark.

AMAZING.

Collin

HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
The problem with dell for me is that they suck with graphics cards, hence my F3JP, which is amazing.
F3JP is nice, although I would never need that X1700's power on a laptop. The main problem with Dell is they don't offer any decent video cards in their cheaper laptops. You'd have to pay a hefty price for an XPS to get any real discrete graphics options.

Works out for me, since I don't need anything better than discrete graphics for what I do on a laptop. But pete_MATE seems to love to challenge my 'buy-whats-appropriate-for-your-needs' paradigm of shopping. OH IM INSTANTLY A FANBOY just because Dells happen to be the brand which works out best for my needs. And this guy sells laptops!? Having some knowledge doesn't mean much if bias clouds all your judgement.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
Pete_Mate don't know how to customize Dell computers online, apparently :D

I looked at asus F3JP online and it has 1.66 Ghz processor and weighs 3 kilo! thats one third less powerful than my Dell XPS M1210 with 2.33 Ghz and mine is 1/3 lighter.

In Dell we trust :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it's not necessarily 1/3rd less powerful. that's not how computer specifications work at all, R-Tard. I ask again: where in the US are you from.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
stazi said:
it's not necessarily 1/3rd less powerful. that's not how computer specifications work at all, R-Tard. I ask again: where in the US are you from.
Mabye she's not from the us.....

oh and HP > Dell.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
stazi said:
I am perfectly aware of how computer specifications works. Regardless of all other specs, raw processing power is the bench mark of a PC's power and 2.33 Ghz core 2 duo is faster in every respects than 1.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo. I'm classy and wise enough not to choose generic brand such as Asus with slow, cheap and nasty 1.66 ghz processor :D

People asked me whether I was doing a commercial for my notebook in my university while I was using my new Dell XPS :D . To be honest i was flattered, cause they told me it's the best and most stylish notebook they have ever seen.

Sorry i don't mess with peasants. Stop obsessing with me.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Why on Earth did you get the 2.33GHz CPU upgrade? Dell will rip you off heavily for that one. I wouldn't even consider the 2.16GHz upgrade, let alone the 2.33GHz. You must be pretty loaded, especially if this laptop was for 'doing uni work and surfing the net'.

I'm surprised you didn't get Dell's 4GB memory upgrade, which last time I checked costs a whopping near-a-thousand dollars extra.

I think I really might click on that 1210, but I'm gonna stick with the 1.83GHz C2D.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
Rip off perhaps, it cost about $ 950 extra from 1.83 ghz default configuration. it cost about another $ 1000 for 4 gb memory upgrade. The minimum requirement for win vista is 1 gb so I thought 2 gb will be enough. i choose 2.33 ghz processor so it can run Adobe Premier Elements without stalling the machine and do realtime encoding. it's my hobby that I can enjoy in between classes or during boring lectures

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
YankeeChica said:
People asked me whether I was doing a commercial for my notebook in my university while I was using my new Dell XPS . To be honest i was flattered, cause they told me it's the best and most stylish notebook they have ever seen.

The_highwayman said:
people that continually feel the need to emphasise their class and style generally don't have much of either :/
lol, thats like soo true !!! :D

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
Even if its true or false why did you follow me? You and your fellow dunecoon S1m0's obsession of me make me wanna puke :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
I clicked on that 1210 last night. 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB DDR2-667, 120GB, 7400GO, 9-cell.

It's gonna be hard going from the likes of 16*12 from my 2007FP and WSXGA+ on my current Inspiron back down to WXGA+, but everything else should be awesome. Dell's 2407's are currently reduced to $999, I'm THAT tempted to click on one of em' too.

Very awesome.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha but youve still got 6 days to go
just look at price shooting up with around 2 days to go
if only laptops were at that price though :(

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
YankeeChica said:
Even if its true or false why did you follow me? You and your fellow dunecoon S1m0's obsession of me make me wanna puke :(
How the hell am I obessed with YOU??

Geezzz....

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
YankeeChica said:
Pete_Mate don't know how to customize Dell computers online, apparently :D

I looked at asus F3JP online and it has 1.66 Ghz processor and weighs 3 kilo! thats one third less powerful than my Dell XPS M1210 with 2.33 Ghz and mine is 1/3 lighter.

In Dell we trust :D
1. I do not give a shit about weight.

YankeeChica said:
Rip off perhaps, it cost about $ 950 extra from 1.83 ghz default configuration. it cost about another $ 1000 for 4 gb memory upgrade. The minimum requirement for win vista is 1 gb so I thought 2 gb will be enough. i choose 2.33 ghz processor so it can run Adobe Premier Elements without stalling the machine and do realtime encoding. it's my hobby that I can enjoy in between classes or during boring lectures
2. Something called a budget. And sticking to it.

3. You're fucking stupid for paying one large for a slightly better processor.

4. I only need a 1.66. It suits my needs. I don't like to try and show off my 'uber' video skills.

5. Until you can find me a better laptop for the same price, you're retarded.

Josie said:
There's a reason why Dell is highly customisable.

I still love my Dell. And it's graphics card.
OK, find me a 15.4 laptop from Dell with a C2D, at least a GB of RAM and a graphics card to match the ATI X1700 for under 2 grand.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
LOL, don't get all butt hurt okay. you have a tight budget and you bought a slow and bulky notebook, theres nothing wrong with that.I have a bigger budget and I bought a faster and ultra light weight notebook to suit my needs just like you ;) The reason i choose dell xps 1210 was its the best at that price per my needs. I compared with similar spec, size and weight from HP/Compaq/Sony/Toshiba and dell was the best deal i can get. Sony don't even have a notebook with 2.33 Ghz.

I miss that Dell dude and his advertisment.
Dudeeee you've got a dell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)