New Law Building (1 Viewer)

Capitalist

HSC
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/newBuilding/index.asp

Construction is underway on the new purpose-built building for the Faculty of Law. The university has targeted a completion date of 24 July 2006, in time for the students returning for session two and we are proud to say that the builders are still on track to achieve this date.
Does anyone actually have classes in the new law building for session 2?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
All law classes for session 2 should be in the new law building, if they finish it on time.

Looking forward to the new moot court! :)

Capitalist

HSC
Then why are the law classes still allocated to the library (stage 2)? Just in case they don't complete the building in time?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes.

(They probably won't finalise the room locations until later anyway, regardless of whether or not the law building is completed.)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Apparently it looks postmodern :p

It's nice that UNSW finally let Law have its own building. And it's also nice how close it is to the entrance. :)

Capitalist

HSC
Yeah it looks really good. Hopefully I'll have my classes there in session 2 :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Airness said:
Apparently it looks postmodern :p

It's nice that UNSW finally let Law have its own building. And it's also nice how close it is to the entrance. :)
Well, it's still a bit inconvenient seeing as our Commerce lectures will usually be around Upper Campus - but I'm looking forward to using the brand new facilities :).

Alimoe_KG

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Well, it's still a bit inconvenient seeing as our Commerce lectures will usually be around Upper Campus - but I'm looking forward to using the brand new facilities :).
I hear the new Law building will also be joining with the commerce faculty to create some kind of Law/Commerce courtyard thingy :confused:

I read it in that UNSW booklet that talked about the new building. Obviously my memory sucks lollipops.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
it's not that far from the new law building to the quad or CLB you lazy bumms ;)

phrred

HSC
Airness said:
I hear the new Law building will also be joining with the commerce faculty to create some kind of Law/Commerce courtyard thingy :confused:

I read it in that UNSW booklet that talked about the new building. Obviously my memory sucks lollipops.
ye i think so. commerce has really just began n will b finished in late 2007

ohne

HSC
If I was a law student I'd rather stay on top of the library...there is an excellent view from there. I wonder what they will do with those floors now.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ohne said:
If I was a law student I'd rather stay on top of the library...there is an excellent view from there. I wonder what they will do with those floors now.
I know. I think a few of the academics would prefer to keep their million dollar views. But the new building should be nice. The structure is meant to reflect the 'social justice' nature of the law school. Kind of ironic that the old law school sat atop of everything allowing the law school students too look down on everyone.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
erawamai said:
I know. I think a few of the academics would prefer to keep their million dollar views. But the new building should be nice. The structure is meant to reflect the 'social justice' nature of the law school. Kind of ironic that the old law school sat atop of everything allowing the law school students too look down on everyone.
rofl. Inherent elitism :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Frigid said:
it's not that far from the new law building to the quad or CLB you lazy bumms ;)
Haha....'sif I'm going to walk up all of those steps just to get to a lecture :p

Capitalist

HSC
ohne said:
But you basically only get to see the view when you're accessing the lift.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I went up to level 10 of the library today, therefore taking me to the law faculty student administration thingy where i tossed in my survey thingy into the little hole that was labelled "assignments and mail"....i did toss it in the right place right? :eek:

I also borrowed 3 books from the law library. The very first book i ever borrowed from UNSW = Court in the Act - Humorous Moments from Australian Courts. :p

THe view was quite nice yes :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
too bad it's ruined by 1970s architecture. those windows are made for MIDGETS!!! :rofl:

if only we had a glass law building in place of the current one, with ultra-modern non-carnivorous lifts.

huangker

Crammer
HSC
well now we are actually in the new law building, what does everyone else think? Im sure everyone has complained abt this with their mates already, but the colours lols! And where is the escalator that goes down?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)