• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Macbook Pro 13inch + more - Apple WWDC 2009 (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
They updated all the other Macbook Pros with more inbuilt grunt as well, those details can be found here: AppleInsider | Apple unveils faster, more affordable MacBook Pros

But they also released a new Macbook Pro 13inch
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro is a significant upgrade at a lower price than the original aluminum MacBook it replaces. With the same unibody design popular with consumers, students and professionals, all 13-inch MacBook Pro models now include a seven hour built-in battery, an SD card slot, a FireWire 800 port, an illuminated keyboard and an improved LED-backlit display with 60 percent greater color gamut. Also featuring NVIDIA's GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor, the 13-inch MacBook Pro is available in two models: one with a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM and a 160GB hard drive, and another with a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive
- Details on specs + info on updated Macbook Airs: AppleInsider | Apple introduces 13-inch MacBook Pro, cheaper MacBook Airs

......................13inch...................................................... 15inch........................................................... 17inch

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hmm if that 13" had a larger HDD and a bit more RAM, i might've waited and brought that instead of the new laptop i have now XD

sunny

meh.
HSC
hmmm...I have a 13" aluminium atm, kinda after more screen real estate, maybe its time to upgrade!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Hmm if that 13" had a larger HDD and a bit more RAM, i might've waited and brought that instead of the new laptop i have now XD
If that 2.53ghz Macbook Pro 13'' is ~$2500 i'll definitely buy, I doubt im gonna need more than 4GB RAM, but with the HDD, I might upgrade if I need more, but I still havnt even gotten anywhere near full capacity on my 250GB external yet....

5233andy

HSC
Oh bloody hell...

I should've waiting until this date before I got my Macbook... I would've liked an SD card reader on mine; as well as a faster processor...

So has Apple scrapped their aluminium Macbook base line?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Oh bloody hell...

I should've waiting until this date before I got my Macbook... I would've liked an SD card reader on mine; as well as a faster processor...

So has Apple scrapped their aluminium Macbook base line?
yup, pretty much, theres no more aluminium macbook's anymore, just the old white macbook and the 3 macbook pros :)

izzy88

HSC
yay! i was looking at these on the net yesterday- definitly want the new 13inch pro. now i just need my old powerbook to die completely :)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I'm getting the base model for $1749 with education pricing and upgrading the RAM and HDD myself. Apple have finally priced their laptops into the general publics reach. I just have to sell my current MBP first.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I'm getting the base model for $1749 with education pricing and upgrading the RAM and HDD myself. Apple have finally priced their laptops into the general publics reach. I just have to sell my current MBP first.
haha, i know aye,, im tossing between 13'' upper end model or 15'' base model now :mad1:

aussie-boy

HSC
They add a "pro" to the name of 1 computer and suddenly everyone is so excited. Wtf lol

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
They add a "pro" to the name of 1 computer and suddenly everyone is so excited. Wtf lol
the main point coming out of this is that its now waaaaaay cheaper to buy/upgrade a mac now :)
e.g. macbook air got its price cut by USD$700... now thats something

izzy88

HSC
e.g. macbook air got its price cut by USD$700... now thats something
hadn't noticed that for the air- not that it would make me get one (pretty useless for what i need). but i definitely love that they've all gone a bit cheaper- i can get a better model now!

i'm still not sure on whether to get a 13inch or 15 inch though- i have 15inch at the moment and i was wanting to get something smaller so easier to carry round uni etc- but i like the bigger screen etc so maybe it would be fine getting the 15inch cause either way it will be thinner/lighter than the one i have now! hmmm love dreaming about my next computer- just have to wait for the old one to die/have money to spare!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)