New Macquarians - Introduce Yourselves (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
biomic said:
Heya all .. transfer was just accepted from UTS to mac! I'll be doing a BBA/BIT and at the same time attempting to work out exactly how this timetable website works .. oh the pain :p
dude..wtf?
from UTS --> MQ for an IT degree??????

Monstar

HSC
Yeah i got into macq...

Does anyone else think this thing is rigged? i know 4 people now who have gotten in to bcomm at nsw without even coming close to the cut off. What the fuck is going on..

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Monstar said:
Yeah i got into macq...

Does anyone else think this thing is rigged? i know 4 people now who have gotten in to bcomm at nsw without even coming close to the cut off. What the fuck is going on..

I think UNSW screwed up their uac stuff this year
cos people with 80s got law

and since they cant reject an offer already announced, they'll probably have more than average number of students, hence making 1st few exams a lot harder to filter out all the people that accidentally got in...at least thats a possibility

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
... said:
dude..wtf?
from UTS --> MQ for an IT degree??????
lol ... there were a number of reasons for the move .. but the UTS IT faculty isn't all it appears to be in my opinion :\ .. plus mac is closer to home, lets me do electives like Psychology etc..

Cyan_phoeniX said:
He would do anything to be a Macquarian, including selling his soul. Wouldn't you?
k, the real reason is out ... ;)

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I think You usually have to be enrolled into a psych-related degree to be able to choose psych. But yes, maq does have a lot of cool electives that uts wouldn't. like philosophy and history.
Oh really?? .. Will have to look into that, was only looking at subjects like Social Psychology for example which I assume might tie in with the more HR focused Business Administration Degree

mysweetfracture

HSC
Hey guys...i'm Blake, live on the Central Coast.
Got into Commerce - Marketing, so i'm pretty happy about that. Anyway this whole "choosing your subject pattern" is kinda confusing..i thought we mightve got some help in choosing units for our first year but they expect us to have it all planned by the time we enroll...which for me, is Monday.
So i've got a quick question...should I just do their suggested program of study or is it better to choose your own units?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I suggest all new MQers visit our humble FAQ

The Handbook is your one stop shop for all questions.

To find out what you need to do, click on Degrees on the left hand side column, and select your degree. This will take you to a summary page, and more than not, it'll provide you with a 'program of study'.

These are the requirements for your degree which you need to complete, and usually they'll have units/cores listed with links to the unit summary pages.

Ex:

Commerce - Mktg : http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/degree.php?edition=2007&id=21055

Requirements

Minimum number of credit points - 68; maximum number of credit points at 100 level - 30; minimum number of credit points in units at 300 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as commerce or economics units - 18; which must include the following approved coherent study:

BBA315 or ECON361, BBA303, MKTG302, MKTG303, MKTG304 and MKTG305.

Now we get to the fun parts.

Because there isn't a 'plan' as such, what you have to do is first, isolate the required subjects, ie, BBA315 to MKTG 305, and then check the unit section: here and find out their pre-requisites, so in effect, you're working backwards to go from 300 level (3rd year) to 100 level (1st year) so you know what to do.

So for example:

ECON 361 has a pre-req of Prerequisites:

Prerequisites:

ECON141 and (ECON200 or ECON201)

And ECON 200 has pre-reqs of :

Prerequisites:

[(ECON110 and ECON111) or (admission to BBA and BBA103)] and [HSC Mathematics performance band 2 or extension 1 or extension 2, or 3cp from MATH123-MATH136].

So if you choose to do that later, it'd be good to have done ECON110 and ECON111 otherwise you'll miss a year.

Hope that helps.

withaface

HSC
Diane! I only have one lecture in the morning on Monday. We can indulge in o-week frivolities together!

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
Rite of Passage:

Section 2.3.1 of the Way of the Macquarian:

To get an official 'I am Macquarian' Certificate, participant must do the following:

1) Practice the art of stalking. You must gain at least 10 points to fulfil this criteria. If you stalk the following person, you will recieve the points ascribed next to their name. This is based on their own stalking ranking:

1.1. (...) (1 point)
1.2. Glitterfairy (1 point)
1.3. Pwar (1 point)
1.45 Iambored (100000000000000000000000000000000000 points)

2)Memorise the 15 minute desk policy of the library and use it against at least 5 people. This practice consists of:

2.1. waiting exactly 15 minutes next to a desk that lacks a human but
consists of someones belongings.
2.2. Throw said belongings on desk (urinating on belongings is optional)
2.3. Intentionally waiting for the person to return.
2.4. Recite rule to person.

3)You must create at least 10 utterly irrelevant posts on BOS every week. Topics must not be covering something that has already been covered at this forum. (good luck on that! :)).

4)You must make a pilgrimage to the Harry Potter statue, where your certificate will be awaiting you.
LOL. I should be worth half of Lynn. Whilst she's louder and jumps up and down more, I'm consistently more spottable. :D

mysweetfracture said:
Hey guys...i'm Blake, live on the Central Coast.
Got into Commerce - Marketing, so i'm pretty happy about that. Anyway this whole "choosing your subject pattern" is kinda confusing..i thought we mightve got some help in choosing units for our first year but they expect us to have it all planned by the time we enroll...which for me, is Monday.
So i've got a quick question...should I just do their suggested program of study or is it better to choose your own units?
Hey, Blake! :wave: If you're still confused about your units, make a new thread and ask for help there. :)

unique said:
hi pwar :wave:

it's going to be easy stalking you (and kylie) since I know what you look like ;)
Bah! My plans of world domination foiled, yet again.

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
LOL. I should be worth half of Lynn. Whilst she's louder and jumps up and down more, I'm consistently more spottable. :D
ahahah

I don't suppose anyone would believe me if I said I was a very quiet, shy girl when I was younger? :p A black crop-top, disco lighting and very LOUD music changed my life, though :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Gar choosing my plan is so complicated because of differing programs and academic credit. I have decided on a sociology major though because its similar to what I was doing and looks good!

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
hey
starting comm/law at macq but hopefully i can scrape into uts with the late round offers.

withaface

HSC
Once you go mac you can't turn back (or leave..). Pfft UTS.

IAB is the best stalker? No way, OrangeJuice takes the cake.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hello to all the new Macquarie students

To anyone studying psychology/linguistics/arts - you may get me as your mentor for orientation day. Unlucky. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you can spot me this semester on campus, good on you *will be there for 2-3 days and in labs*

withaface

HSC
and Mike is always unce unce-ing around with his earphones. (maybe that was just once.. but still).

leeha

HSC
i'll be there!...if i can work out how to do this timetable...ohhhhh so much fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)