New paper layout becareful!!! (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm fairly sure they are trialling computer-based marking; I could find a reference for it but I can't be bothered to. It's mostly for the markers sake I think so they can do it at home rather than out at Homebush or whichever centre they'd otherwise be assigned to.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
I'm fairly sure they are trialling computer-based marking; I could find a reference for it but I can't be bothered to. It's mostly for the markers sake I think so they can do it at home rather than out at Homebush or whichever centre they'd otherwise be assigned to.
"In some subjects, your response may be scanned into the computer and delivered via our secure internet connection to a marker who views it on their computer and awards a mark. In these cases, the marks are entered directly into our computer system by the marker." Step 6 – Marking - Board of Studies NSW

Last edited:

niloony

HSC
In IPT i didn't have enough room and wrote a couple of words outside of the black margin -.- damnit, they were important, lol.
I find the irony of this hilarious...though I'm sure the head markers will decide to check over everything outside the margin as well...bet they'll be pissed lol

Last edited:

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
I totally did not know about this. What if you run out of paper? Isn't one A3 paper painfully inadequate? Practically the whole damn room will be asking for 'more paper'.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I totally did not know about this. What if you run out of paper? Isn't one A3 paper painfully inadequate? Practically the whole damn room will be asking for 'more paper'.
For exams like IPT it wouldn't be too bad, no extended responses. But if you need more paper, you just ask for it.

gabgab

HSC
yeh, i know a guy who is marking the maths papers, and he's staying at home and doing it while they scan the papers and send them to him... I dont think its that much of a drama. a bit unexpected if people didn't know about it, but all in all, i'm sure they will be lenient in terms of writing outside the boxes as they phase it in...

sharp_pencil

HSC
Yeh u ask for more... ? u just write cont.. and get new booklet number the question and walla. I needed 2 extra papers for my IPT so i just did as the examiners told me :\

rowdyroddy

HSC
its not that much of a change, you still write your working in lined paper etc, used it for the general maths exam today, didnt need any extra booklets... if you do, for general you are doing too much.

spazamataz

HSC
I read somewhere they're trialling computer marking like five subjects, such as maths, ipt and business. But only some questions are or something. I think if you have written outside the lines they will still check it?

joshhunt

HSC
As i said here:

Ok. So I was talking to my teacher who marks Business and it turns out that the BOS are trialing a new computer based marking method, where the papers are scanned and saved at a 'really high quality' to make the whole process a whole lot quicker and more efficient.

I specifically asked her if we are screwed if we have written outside the box (including on the blank pages on the left of every booklet), and she said that they are scanned and they do see them, but it can cause hassle. She went on and said something about if there is even a minor mark on a page then it will scan it and add it to the electronic copy of your exam, but it she recommended to try and write inside the borders, or if you have a plan that you want marked that is on one of the blank pages, make sure you write "PTO" in the ruled section (or something like that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)