new phone or new plan? (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Hi guys, have been looking for info for a few hours but still not sure what to do.

My situation is that I've been using Optus Turbocharge prepaid on my 6230i for well over two years now, and I thought heck why not go on a contract and get the same rates PLUS a new phone.

Well unfortunately Optus don't provide a $29 cap, which is just the amount that I need and I can't transfer over to Virgin or Soul because my family are on the Optus fusion home phone and broadband plan, so they can only call optus mobiles for free. I was getting all excited about getting the LG Viewty until I found calls to Soul weren't free :(

The thing is, Dodo offer higher call credit if you sign up on a $29 cap plan for 24 months (without a mobile), but I don't know if Optus are currently offering the same plan and I don't think they'd be able to call me for free if I changed over to Dodo.

I was wondering whether you guys would recommend I sign up to a new plan and change my mobile, or buy a new prepaid mobile and stick with the prepaid. My only requirement is that my parents should be able to call me for free and I can only afford to pay max $30/month.

Sorry if that sounds confusing- I'm currently thoroughly confused as to the options out there.

Cheers :)

HSC
I think you will have to stick with optus for the free call thing, I think you will be better off just getting another phone.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
o rly? i read some pretty good reviews what's your experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)